white leather seat wrinkles a negative ?

edited April 2008 in Feature Mustangs
The age/wear wrinkles of the white leather, is it a detraction or looked at as a natural aging process / Is cleaning and preservation the only route ? Same with an original but very dirty, moldy top ?
Also the corrrosion on engine plemum, valve covers, a/c etc, how can it be addressed ?
I'm trying to get this car back to be condition while maintaining the original pieces. It's original top, engine, etc.
Thanks.

Comments

• Wear and wrinkles on the leather is quite common and being white does not help the situation. I myself am OK with my seats having some wear; generally on the side bolster. I have no cracking. My approach is to keep them from getting worse and that will keep me happy. I keep them conditioned with Meguiars Leather Conditioner. I don't think they have gotten any worse in the 8k miles I have put on the car since I have owned it.

Tops are probably not as easy to keep nice. Eventually they just dry out. I have tried the maintenance route on my original top using RaggTopp products but it continues to deteriorate. Cracking is the issue I can't seem to stop. Eventually, I just see giving in and getting a new one.