retarded question...is this normal?

edited May 2008 in Feature Mustangs
Im a little worried....yesterday it rained here for a bit and I forgot to cover the car [X-(] ...it didnt rain for long thought. Now this morning while pulling out of my driveway (which has a bit of an incline) when reaching the bottom part of the driveway to get into the street I heard water moving around in the back and then getting dumped into the street from somewhere under the car....i was VERY surpriced to hear this. This is my first convertible so I dont know if thats something that is normal or is it that my top has a MUCH BIGGER leak than I thought.

PS, i ordered the top replacement video from late model resto and I watched it yesterday....im going to venture and do the top my self. I should be ordering it this week and replacing it next week. Im going with the oxford white to keep it original :D . I figure i'd get me some cobra r's and paint those pearlescent white too [B-)]

Comments

• Can't comment on the water, as I haven't had that happen. But you won't be disappointed with the 5.0 resto top. We installed a bright white and it is absolutely beautiful and completely authentic.

It took us two day (and probably two cases) - but saved us a boat load of money.
  • On the sound of water -- it is normal to hear some water. Check for moisture down behind the back seat and floor boards. My guess is that it was the water that was trapped due to the car sitting on an incline. Also check the trunk well under the spare tire. I saw one conv't that had a bad seal around the trunk lid and was holding water inside the trunk.