Gap between door glass and rear glass, not sealing

edited June 2005 in Feature Mustangs
I have a space between the door glass and the rear glass. Almost a finger width between the door glass and the seal molding on the rear glass. Is there an adjustment to remedy this? :?:

Comments

• I don't know if you need to get the door glass back farther or the quarter window glass farther forward (or both) to close the gap but I do have some information for you. I have a Ford Service CD for 1993 cars. It contains much of the same information and diagrams as the Ford "factory" service manual (I can onyl describe it as the one with the green cover as the actual name escapes me right now) which I also have. Check your email for some information from the CD. :D

I don't have any real experience adjusting my window glass, although, mine could use adjustment. My quarter window on the passengers side nearly gets stuck on its way up. It eventually makes it but the motor has to work hard. I need to adjust it before the motor decides it's had too much. If anyone has any real experience with these adjustments, please join in.
  • I had a similar problem with my quarter windows. I got the re-adjustment procedures out of the service manual. Basically, there are several adjustment points-the trick is taking all the interior trim out to get access to the adjustment points. On mine, the square plastic widow guide bushings were broken and the guide tube was all gummed up. After I replaced the bushings ( part number LRS-22362A-$3.95 each from 50 Resto.com-you'll need 4 to do both windows) and greased up the guide tube, they worked like a charm. Hope that helps.