Ebay 93 Yellow Engine??????

edited July 2008 in Feature Mustangs
I am talking the one with 74000 miles on it that looks original. Not the mod'ed one.
Something is up with the motor. The P/S pump is mounted up high on the head and the A/C comp. is under it and the A/C lines are all wrong.

Could have had the engine replaced. Looks like they replaced it as a whole unit and didn't bother swapping the accessary brackets. None the less, something is wrong here.

I have a friend that has an 85 (untouched) and everything is like ours except the A/C hoses are routed different. Going to injection they had to re-route due to the injection lines going to the fuel rail being in the way.

Later, Jerry

Comments

• Yeah, I noticed that also... Very strange.. It looks like alot of things aernt right... Look at the radiatior cap, the battery wires, its missing the fuse cover, Look at how shiny the lower back seat is!! Something is fishy! ;)
  • beware frankenstang
  • New Clues,

Hood, Headlights, and front bumper fascia show signs they are mis-aligned. 5.0 emblems are missing on fenders and the LX emblem is missing on the rear. The top is a little to perfect for a car that is 15 years old even if it was garaged. Body shows no signs of the 74000 that is on the odometer but the interior sure does. The rear seat looks like someone armoraled it. Doesn't have the correct floor mats. A car claimed to be this perfect should still have them.

I bought my car from the 2nd owner and it has always been garaged. Mine also had 70000 plus mile when I bought it. My opinion is this car has had a lot of work done to it and is not that pristine.

One last thing, the anti-theft sticker is missing on the right front fender, can't see the left.

Who knows!!!!!!

Later, Jerry
  • I am reaching hear but since the car is from California, could those things in the engine compartment be moved around to meet CA's smog laws??

(ok...it's a stretch!)
  • I thought about that too. But if you look at the right side of the motor all the smog stuff seems to be in place.

Car is now in New York. Several years ago transfering a car across states was a good way to hide a Salvage title. I am not trying to imply anything here, just a comment.

Curiousity got the better of me, called the owner today waiting, for a call back.

Later.
  • Ask the seller to pull out the drivers light and shoot you a picture of the body buck tag. That will tell you if it is a feature car.
  • I'm sure that its a Feature car.. It was just wrecked badly, or Raced, or something... Does anyone have a Carfax? Run the Vin...
  • It's no longer for sale but I'd thought I should chime in and offer my 2 cents. I had a conversation via email on this car with someone looking to buy a nice 5 speed feature car.

He recognized that it was bought on ebay back in March 2008. In this sellers feedback is positive feedback from that transaction.

I have some details here .
    What I don't show on that page from that previous listing:
    The flaws of this vehicle are as follows: The previous owner had told me that the vehicle had been in a minor front end accident. There are paint chips on the front bumper and a chip on the front right area above the windshield. There is a significant scratch under the bumper on the left side. There are two areas on the front left bumper where someone has put masking tape, I have not removed the tape for fear of doing damage to the paint. The vehicle has been lowered which has given me some camber readings outside of specs and some uneven tire wear. I had the tires rotated and the cams and shims aligned and hopefully eliminated that problem. The vehicle does experience cowl shake. The vehicle has tinted windows, the tint on the inside of the right rear window is scratched. There is a tear in the driver s seat. The transmission rattles in 2nd gear. There may be a problem with the upper end of the gas tank, as when you top the tank off I have experienced gas coming out around the neck of tank. The AC does not work. The engine doesn t have snap your head back type of power, but runs OK. There are some rust spots on the inside of the doors and the inside of the trunk,
    I too noticed the missing VIN labels as well as the absence of the usual labels on the radiator support. Besides the underhood A/C cludge, the A/C control in the interior looks weird. Some type out outline around A/C and Max A/C labels.

But, hey, it does have the million mile odometer. ;)
  • Well we may never know. Seller called last night but we were out with our daughter for her 21st birthday, and missed it.

Does anyone know if there were any features that were ordered without A/C?

That is the only explanation I can come up with for the A/C. It would be a lot of work to take one with A/C and change the brackets around to make this configuration work. But one without A/C and then add an after market kit would make more sense why this one looks like it does and also explain the control panel.

Just a thought, who knows we may run across this car again. :D Jerry
  • At last years Carlisle show there was a 92 Feature originally from Canada that did not have AC. Maybe that is the issue with that car. I remember the owner saying there are only a few without factory AC so it could be possible that car is ultra rare.
  • Oh I remember this car. I was considering bidding on it when I ended up getting the one I bought. My husband was leery that the car needed too many things and he is an auto mechanic plus the cost of shipping from CA. The seller in CA was very nice and sent me lots pics of the interior. We decided that it needed just too much work plus with the unknowns of the transmission and the engine.
  • Hi guys. I just registered so I could answer part of the question regarding the engine. I have a 7-UP Car and it has the same configuration as this engine seems to have. That is, the power steering pump is up top and the a/c compressor is below it. Upon closer examination, I realized that the a/c has a separate belt with a slave pulley. After having a 999 report (build sheet) done up by Ford Customer Service, it became obvious that my car was built a/c delete. The original owner must have told the dealer he wanted a/c and they "dealer-installed" one. I have confirmation from our local parts counter that the system I have is the one Ford dealers used in 1990.

Hope this helps.

Hey, you guys don't mind a 7-Up guy in here do you? :D
  • Does anyone know if there were any features that were ordered without A/C?

Additionally, twocarnuts has a yellow feature car with A/C Delete. Some details are on the page with pictures of his car .
  • Hi guys. I just registered so I could answer part of the question regarding the engine. I have a 7-UP Car and it has the same configuration as this engine seems to have.
    Stangfan, your description really helps to clarify things. Thanks for joining in!
    Hey, you guys don't mind a 7-Up guy in here do you? :D
    Of course not. You are very welcome here.

Additionally, twocarnuts has a yellow feature car with A/C Delete. Some details are on the page with pictures of his car .

His pic of his engine confirms what a A/C delete looks like along with stangfans comment. Well that solves that mystery for me and some others. Something else learned about our Features.

Opinion Question????
    Does adding A/C to an A/C delete car help or hurt it's value?

My opinion is since A/C delete cars are probably more rare than with A/C, it would hurt it's value. Especially since there are plenty of A/C cars out there if you are wanting one with A/C.

On the flip side having an A/C delete with a Ford dealer installed A/C could make it even more rare. If you could prove it wasn't an aftermarket installed kit done at a latter time.

Later, Jerry

His pic of his engine confirms what a A/C delete looks like along with stangfans comment. Well that solves that mystery for me and some others. Something else learned about our Features.

Opinion Question????

My opinion is since A/C delete cars are probably more rare than with A/C, it would hurt it's value. Especially since there are plenty of A/C cars out there if you are wanting one with A/C.

On the flip side having an A/C delete with a Ford dealer installed A/C could make it even more rare. If you could prove it wasn't an aftermarket installed kit done at a latter time.

Later, Jerry
    Hey I just wanted to chime in on the "value" thing. As most know they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I just looked at a 92 feature with dealer installed air the car originally came with out air. I contacted Terry Mccoy who has the limited registry out of Michigan and his comment to me was that around 10% of the 921/2 run were delete cars and he has yet to be able to put any number on the 93's yet. Take care. Chet

• Opinion Question????

Later, Jerry

My opinion is that it shouldn't hurt the value if it is a dealer installed one. It's the same compressor as far as I can see, and any Ford dealer parts expert should be able to confirm that.

Now, if it was an aftermarket a/c...I would think it might hurt value.

I have seriously considered removing mine...but I keep going back to the fact that it is dealer installed, and then I decide to leave it alone.
  • My opinion question was more hypothetical as to how something like this could effect their value.

Who knows even the rarest might only end up as museum pieces if there isn't any fuel for them.

In 1957 a brand new Chrysler was buried as a time capsule in Tulsa. Most of you might have seen this on TV. What wasn't said was that they also buried 2, 55 gallon drums of gas and other fluids in case they weren't available when it was opened up. That prediction almost came true. :D

Value: It's all in the timing, planet's all coming into alignment and all that. :D

Stangfan, you are answering the same question we all are asking ourselves.
  • I don't think that A/C delete hurts value in my opinion at least not with the weather in my area (New England). Maybe it would in hotter states where it would be crazy to have a car without it.

I do most of my driving with the top down. If the weather is not appropriate for that type of driving I just won't take the car out.

I think an added bonus given todays gas prices would be better mileage.
  • Yeah, oh and by the way it wasnt a Chrysler it was 1957 Plymouth Belvidere... It was gold.. Now its RUST!!!
  • I did see the article on the "time capsule" car and you are right the thing was rotten beyond repair. Too bad.
  • Thats what I thought too, but after Boyd Cottington died, and somebody else got the car they have started to fix it! There is a rust remover and slowly, very slowly they have started to restore it! They have new Picts on google of the restoration process.. Amazing what they can do! It will never be what the people of Tulsa expected, what a waste!
  • Yeah, oh and by the way it wasnt a Chrysler it was 1957 Plymouth Belvidere... It was gold.. Now its RUST!!!

Chrysler, Plymouth. What's the difference? Chrysler was the parent company at the time. :D

You knew what car I was talking about anyway. :D

That car started turning to rust before you were born. Actually it was put in the ground the same year I was born so both of us started rusting away at the same time. :D

Later
  • "That car started turning to rust before you were born."
    Yes, you are correct.. It was rusting away 35 years before I was born.... :lol: LOL.. And I know Chrysler and Plymouth are practilly the same... [B-)] .. But they dont make Plymouth anymore.. :( Oh well..
  • "That car started turning to rust before you were born."
    Yes, you are correct.. It was rusting away 35 years before I was born.... :lol: LOL.. And I know Chrysler and Plymouth are practilly the same... [B-)] .. But they dont make Plymouth anymore.. :( Oh well..

Do you know or have you heard who has the car now since Boyd passed away? You mentioned google.

Later
  • There is a whole article about it on this page:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... NEAR251598

Look at the difference in the fenders!! Cant wait to see what it'll look like in another few years!
  • Brutal!!!!
  • There is a whole article about it on this page:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... NEAR251598

Look at the difference in the fenders!! Cant wait to see what it'll look like in another few years!

Thanks for the link to the artical. Wish them luck with this. It is a unique part of history now.

Also a good example on how not to store a car. :D

Later
  • Yeah, I know.. I dont think that the people of Tulsa thought it all the way through.. The left NO drain holes at the bottom and they left things such as the battery hooked up to the car!! HUH? Of course that is going to rot through and battery acid will go everywhere.. I am pretty sure I saw somewhere where they filled the cars gas tank up to the top with gas before they put it in.. DUH! And they expected it to run as soon as they pulled it out.. Pssshh..Right.. LOL :lol:
  • Here is a Link to the cars begining as a time capsule.

http://www.rioleo.org/belvedere.php

Enjoy, Jerry