Die Cast Model of Feature Car

edited August 2008 in Feature Mustangs
www.stangnet.com mentions that a model of the yellow 93 Feature cars will be produced. The article mentions the white feature cars, but only the yellow car is listed on the website for the company that is making the cars. Hopefully they will also make a white one......

http://www.stangnet.com/Latest-Releases ... stang.html

Comments

• That's awesome. Thanks for the information. Maybe if enough of us request it, they will start making a white one.
  • There are several email addresses listed at www.gmpdiecast.com (the company president is listed as <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tlong@gmpdiecast.com">tlong@gmpdiecast.com</a><!-- e -->)

If anyone is interested in emailing gmp diecast, it would be good to show some support in getting the triple white (and Red) Feature cars produced.
  • I just emailed the president expressing interest in white (93) and red (92) versions. Hopefully, it is not too difficult to produce them. I don't know much about manufacturing but I suspect the cost to do the others is incremental especially since the cars are nearly physically identical which only changes in color of parts.

I also noticed that on the "about us" page that on the profile of one of the people in product development it mentions an interest in Mustangs and includes a picture of his (I assume) fox coupe at the strip.
  • I talked to the company yesterday. The models won't be available until September. Cost is listed at about $130. I asked about the white feature car and she said she didn't know because they have to get approval from Ford on the reproduction. She said that they make the car and send it to Ford; they send it back with change requirements and they go back and forth until Ford finally gives approval. Sounded like a pretty drawn out process, but there is hope for the triple white.

Just FYI
  • ah I was about to post a thread on this to see if anyone has seen one in person. Hopefully we'll get to see it in a couple months as I definitely want one
  • Hey Guys,

I just stumbled across this forum. I've been on this site a couple times in the past better never looked to see if there was even a forum.
    I also noticed you guys were discussing our new GMP 1993 Mustang feature car! We are working feverishly to get this model ready for release. I will finally have a pre-production production quality sample this monday to photograph and design the box art. If you've seen our old fox-body Mustang diecast, wait until you see this new tooling - WOW! The engine looks 10 times nicer and more accurate. I own 2 fox body Mustangs myself. A blue 1985 5.0 coupe and a 1992 5.0 coupe that I drive everyday. I've been a huge fan of these cars for atleast 15 years. We're always looking for ways to improve the detail and quality of our models and we definately raised the bar on this one. If any of you have any questions, comments or even suggestions on this diecast feel free to email us.

John

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:john@gmpdiecast.com">john@gmpdiecast.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Hi John,

Thanks for joining in and providing an update on the diecast car. Many of us have waited a long time for something like it! It looks really good from the pictures on your web page.

If you firm up the release date feel free to post it here and/or email me and I'll include some information on my home page.

It's probably too early, but my main question is whether you would consider doing a white one.

John
  • Hey thanks! Being a 5.0 nut to the core, I'm really excited about the new 87-93 Mustang tooling. This 1993 feature car will be very nice. The rear trunk lid has real metal hinges (not molded diecast) that allow the trunk lid to open very much like the real one! The working seatbelts, handbrake, and doors that shut tightly with the magnets embedded in them - it's just a neat model.

As far as upcoming limited edition type cars like the 1992/1993 feature cars and the 7up car we've looked at them all. Right now we have the next four diecast 87-93 Mustangs planned out into 2006. We have talked about the triple white 1993 a bit and would like to do it in the future. Stay tuned.

John
  • Looks like this is really close or already available. I spotted one on ebay which prompted me to check back with the GMP Diecast site and, as I write this, it is the featured product on their home page.

Although, the ebay auction states "Pre-Sale Coming Middle to Late December" and the GMP site still lists it as "Pre order".

Damn, that would make a great Christmas gift. I hope the right people are reading this. :D
  • Here's a nice update on this in case you haven't purchased one of these yet. This information was provided to me by Thom.

Right now, if you join Tom's Garage on gmpdiecast.com for $24.95, you can get one of these for FREE (well the $24.95 for the membership plus around $10 for UPS shipping.)

This offer is only for the first 750 memberships! It's only over the last couple days that they started advertising this on their site but it's been known about for slightly longer and it's also being discussed on the forums on Diecast Pub.

When I added the membership to my cart, the free car showed up there as well with a cost of $0.00. If it does for you, that's a strong indication that they are still available.

Get 'em while they last...
  • Man thats a deal. I paid $85.00 for mine. It is an awesome piece but that deal rocks. Thanks for the update. Shoot it would be worth getting one and having it painted white to have the pair!!!!!!!!Take care and hope to see you in Carlisle. We have been spreading the word and hope to get some additional cars to attend. Chet
  • Thanks for spreading the word on Carlisle.

Cool idea to paint it white but I'm still holding out hope that they might do a white one. Although, I don't know how the sales of the yellow one went since they have decided to give them away.
  • Hi Everyone,
    Just joined this site a few weeks ago. From here I went to Tom's Garage as mentioned above, paid the $37 and change and just recieved my Yellow Feature Car. Couldn't believe he was still giving them away for joining. Just saw 3 of them sell on ebay for $52, $53, and $62 plus there was shipping on top of that. Other prices on ebay for buy now were $74 - $99 plus shipping, anyway thanks for the info.
    Later, Jerry
    P.S. Just thought I would mention if you don't have one of these. On the bottom of the box under Special Thanks it lists TripleWhiteFox.
  • P.S. Just thought I would mention if you don't have one of these. On the bottom of the box under Special Thanks it lists TripleWhiteFox.

Actually, I didn't know about this until I got mine a few weeks ago. I commented about it here .

gmpDiecastBoxBottom.jpg
  • Just thought I'd revive this thread... It appears that they don't have the Yellow on on the site anymore. Is there any plans to do the White 93 or Red 92??? Have they abandoned these???

Anton
  • I have been in touch with the fellow from GMP a number of times over the last few years. John at GMP told me that they were going to be producing the 1990 Limited Edition Convertible (7-Up Car) after the 93, but that appears to have been dropped. I'm still hoping though.
  • P.S. Just thought I would mention if you don't have one of these. On the bottom of the box under Special Thanks it lists TripleWhiteFox.

Actually, I didn't know about this until I got mine a few weeks ago. I commented about it here .

gmpDiecastBoxBottom.jpg

That is really [B-)] Congratulations on the mention, John!!

I just sent GMP an e-mail...hoping to light a fire under them.
  • That is really [B-)] Congratulations on the mention, John!!

I just sent GMP an e-mail...hoping to light a fire under them.

Yeah, that was cool.

I just fixed the link to my short writeup in The Den in my original post above. here it is again: link

I am going to email them right now...
  • I really want a red one... I thought about buying a yellow one and trying to make it a 92 feature car but it is too much work!

Thanks.
    Ryan
  • They just need to do all the features up. You know that they would sell.
  • I know! It would be really cool if they did like a Three pack of features! or something like that...
  • I've had a reply from John at GMP. Here is what he said.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for catching up with me. Right now we do not have one in the plans
    but that doesn't mean we won't produce one. We have all the correct parts to
    do one though. What I tell a lot of guys to do is if there's a demand for
    something then email us. If we get a lot of emails to GMP then we can
    consider it. It's a neat car although convertible 5.0s don't sell quite as
    well as the GTs or Cobras in hatchback form.

Thanks,
    John

There you have it. Get those e-mails going. Maybe GMP will do all of the Limited Edition Convertibles if they get enough requests. [B-)]

His e-mail address is: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:John@gmpdiecast.com">John@gmpdiecast.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Okay, E-mail sent.. Will keep my fingers crossed!!!
  • Oooh....whats teh email? I'd like to email them about a red 92. Honestly, we should all send at least one email requesting one. It wouldnt hurt!
  • I am amazed how this link got so much action! We all must like those 1/18 scale cars. Take care.
  • <!-- e --><a href="mailto:John@gmpdiecast.com">John@gmpdiecast.com</a><!-- e -->

I would be mad if they didnt make a '92.. They have all of the right parts.. Just different paint.. WHY NOT??? :?:
  • I am with you all they have too do is change body color and remold interior color to white.
  • I am amazed how this link got so much action! We all must like those 1/18 scale cars. Take care.

Well...what car nut wouldn't like a model of his car? ;)

Get those e-mails flying, folks!

Well...what car nut wouldn't like a model of his car? ;)

Get those e-mails flying, folks!
    Yeah I am the "nut" but we got lucky with GMP doing the Yellow feature considering that is what we own. Take care.
  • When I contacted them I went through their web site's contact us page. But, I never heard back although the web site does state that "we cannot send a response to all inquiries."

I included a link to this thread in my message to them so hopefully they are reading along. If anyone else is emailing you might just want to link to this thread as well in order to help the point.

Obviously, I would prefer a 1993 triple white but would jump at the chance to get any of the others.