Very happy - new used floormats

Earlier in the week I won the ebay auction for the 93 yellow car mats for under $40 including shipping. They came today and I think they look better than the picture. I believe they are the real ones! The have the year 93 on the back with an X next to it. The mustang is outlined in yellow with black on the inside.
When I bought my yellow car in March the seller swore up and down he had the correct mats for it - he didn't - in it were the mats with the yellow mustang colored in completely. He said he paid $100 for them. Now I just need to find the correct radio for my car - my car was not supposed to have a cd player in it and it does.

Comments

• I have scene both versions of the Yellow floor mats in these cars the ones you won are the correct "first" version but Ford did later produce the full yellow horse version which could be bought through the dealership. After a while they did hit the secondary market but either one has the correct part number for the Features. Hey by the way is your CD player a factory stereo? If so would you be looking to sell it? Let us know. Take care. Chet
  • Do the mats with the full horse have the year on the back of them? The ones my car came with are definitely Ford mats but they were for a later years.. I want to say 95-97.

I am not sure what to do about my cd player - it might not be any good... when you start the car - the radio and cd player switch back and forth playing. It is very odd. But I do believe it is a factory player.
  • for correct radio contact unitedradio.com. I used them before and had my factory replacement cd for a 94 GT 18 hrs later
  • Do the mats with the full horse have the year on the back of them? The ones my car came with are definitely Ford mats but they were for a later years.. I want to say 95-97.

I am not sure what to do about my cd player - it might not be any good... when you start the car - the radio and cd player switch back and forth playing. It is very odd. But I do believe it is a factory player.
    Yes the mats that I have with the full horse have the year etched in the rubber and it is 1994, the part number for these is F3ZZ-7613086-B this particular set I got from our local Ford dealer and the came from a dealers stock out of Georgia when I bought them. I also have 4 additional sets that I bought from a Ford resaler off of ebay and they contain the same 2-piece mat set with the full horse and have the same part number but were dated 4/2000. I believe that the original yellow outlined mats probably came with the cars and Ford introduced the full horse as a replacement part at a later time? Theory only. I am lucky to have both examples and extras of the later design since both are no longer availible from Ford. Take care. And let me know what you decide to do with that C/D player. Chet
  • I will have to take a closer look at the mats that came with the car and see if the part numbers match up.
    You are lucky to have both kinds of sets.

Once I make a decision about the cd player I will let you know.
    Thanks for the help!
    Amy

My CD player does the exact same thing.

Jerry
  • Chet - thanks so much again for the floor mat information - it looks like I also have both sets of mats. I compared the numbers on the back of the mats last night and they match!

Jerry - have you tried getting it fixed? Or have you thought about how you might address it? I honestly don't know what to do other than finding a replacement.
  • Cool. Let me know again on the radio.