wanted michelin xgt z4 non pilot oem tires

edited October 2008 in For sale/wanted
looking for the michelin xgt z4 tires that came stock on 91-93 mustangs. Only looking for road worthy tires. Doesn't matter if they are mounted on rims or not. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tntgall@hotmail.com">tntgall@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Comments

• I am pretty sure some mustangs also had Goodyears on them.. Just depended on where it was built.
  • Best of luck finding some. I was looking for some about 3 years ago and they were a tough find.
  • michelins were standard on the lx and optional on the gt. Goodyears were optional on the LX and standard on the gt
  • At this point I dont think road worthy will be possible only because of the age. I'd be careful putting on tires that are that old. I've read that anything over 6 years is a gamble for blow outs due to the tread and belt separation.
  • +1 I would be scared to drive it with those tires being that old..
  • I have a set of two, still mounted on the original rims. 18K on them. I would say though, after all this time they are only good for show. Like the others mentioned the OEM longevity rating has passed.
  • Are the ones you have Goodyear or Michelin?
  • Goodyear..........
  • I think the original ones on my car were goodyear.. I have no idea... Guess there is no real way to tell..
  • Yes and No.

I'm the original owner of my 93 TWF, so I have all the docs for it. I have a pamphlet from Goodyear in the owners manual with all the other stuff.......
  • Haha Must be nice.. Well I know the original owner of my car.. We are PenPals.. :)
  • Those original docs come in handy from time to time.
  • I have a few.. Pretty much all of them except the window sticker... :(