ford canary yellow touch up paint

Comments

• Thanks for the tip.
  • Wish it was Vibrant red.. LOL
  • Also Emerald Green

So far haven't seen vibrant red.

Remember, I can get a bit of commission if you shop through my ebay links. If you choose to do so, use the below links which contain my referral id:

Vibrant White

Canary Yellow
  • Wow I didnt know that you got commision from those links.. I will be sure to use those from now on.

Also, I wanted to ask your opinion. The seller has a Vibrant Red that is color code ES and he also has Performace Red that is color code ES. I wrote to him and he said he didnt have code EY, which is what the '92 Features were. Which color do you think would be the closest? I have heard these cars called both colors..

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • Wow I didnt know that you got commission from those links.. I will be sure to use those from now on.
    I get a portion of the fees that ebay charges the seller on sold items. I use it to offset the costs of web hosting, domain registration and other web site costs. Every little bit helps!
    Also, I wanted to ask your opinion. The seller has a Vibrant Red that is color code ES and he also has Performace Red that is color code ES. I wrote to him and he said he didnt have code EY, which is what the '92 Features were. Which color do you think would be the closest? I have heard these cars called both colors..
    As we know, both Vibrant and Performance were used by Ford in 1992 to describe the EY paint code. For the other colors, I think that regardless of the name used the tell tale sign is that the code is ES. My guess is that both are the same color. If you go to the site autocolorlibrary.com you can see paint chips for many makes and model years. They are scans so color representation may be off.

But, here's what they have:

for 1992 (EY):
    1992EYColorChip.jpg
    1994 (here ES is called Performance Red and not Vibrant like the touch up bottle):
    1994ESColorChip.jpg
    1999 (ES):
    1999ESColorChip.jpg
    What looks like "4861" for each is the PPG number which is again the same code for both 1994 and 1999 ES paint.
  • Thanks for that info.. So I wonder how good it would look on the car? I guess its worth $10 to see. The paint is probably faded on my car so it might match.. I just dont know...
  • Oh, keep us posted on this....i was actually thinking this week to go buy a touch up for the vibrant red in the stang and the chameleon blue for one of my tbirds.
  • Still havent baught it.. I just hate to waste $10 bucks on nothin... But then again it might be perfect.. Decisions Decisions... :)
  • You know I kinda feel the same way.