Newbie in Alabama

edited November 2008 in Member introductions
Hey Folks -

I just purchased my second fox body (my first was an 85 Capri with a 5.0). My "new" one is a 93 Triple White Fox. It's in pretty good shape for a 15 year old car with 119k miles. It's stock with the exception of an aftermarket exhaust (no cats), headers, 3.73 rear end, cold air intake, and a JVC cass deck with a 10 disc changer in the trunk. The wheels were recently (within the last few years) powder coated.

It needs the timing adjusted, front end alignment, and possible u-joints. It may need new shocks/struts - it rides pretty rough but then again I haven't driven a car this old in a long time.

For the most part, it's been garage kept since new so the interior and exterior are in good shape - just slightly aged. From twenty feet away it looks awesome.

I'm the third owner. I paid $4000 for it. I'm not sure if that's a good deal but I've wanted one for a long time (actually since 93).

The guys at work are giving me a hard time - calling me Vanilla Ice and singing, "roll'n in my 5.0 with the rag top down so my hair can blow..." I guess it's not as bad as being called "Joe Dirt" - that's what they call the guy that drives a 1990 Camaro with an LT1 motor. They're just jealous!

Talk to you later!

Marc

Comments

• Very nice, That is a good deal. Is it a 5-speed or automatic? 5-speed is much more rare. Post some pictures if you can!

Oh and welcome to the site. :D
    Ryan
  • Welcome! It does sound like a good deal.
    The guys at work are giving me a hard time - calling me Vanilla Ice and singing, "roll'n in my 5.0 with the rag top down so my hair can blow..."
    Vanilla Ice. :lol: There's a guy who posts here who has fun with that to the fullest. Embrace it. They ARE just jealous!
  • That is funny, I never saw that post.. LOL
  • Welcome to the site. And congrats on your new ride.
  • Thanks for the welcome. By the way, mine is an automatic. I haven't decided on the vanity plates yet - either ICICBBY or 93TWF - both are available. I'll probably go with the latter.

Marc
  • Thanks for the welcome. By the way, mine is an automatic. I haven't decided on the vanity plates yet - either ICICBBY or 93TWF - both are available. I'll probably go with the latter.

Marc

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love the the ICICBBY!
    That is awesome!
    Just dont follow his footsteps lol...

Ryan
  • You know it is really hard to get away from those BIG 80's.
  • Hey Curt93acw. Great find!!! Where do you live in Alabama ? I'm in Gadsden.
    92LX
  • Hey Curt93acw. Great find!!! Where do you live in Alabama ? I'm in Gadsden.
    92LX
    That is one sharp pic! Car looks great.
  • I'm just outside of Montgomery.

Here's an update on my mustang - the transmission crapped out while I was doing 75mph on I65. Anybody have any suggestions on a fix? Remanufactured or a new one?
  • You can probably have it repaired, How many miles are on it?
  • I agree with the rebuild. There are plenty of good shops out there that can help you out. Brand new is expensive.
  • You might want to consider having a shift-kit installed in the trans while it is being rebuilt. I had a Trans-Go kit put in mine. It made a huge difference in the fun factor.
  • I was going to do that on my car when I change the tranny fluid..
    What brand did you use? IT also makes the transmission last longer right?
  • I was going to do that on my car when I change the tranny fluid..
    What brand did you use? IT also makes the transmission last longer right?

I used the Trans Go AOD-HP kit. Yes, the transmission will last much better with it.
  • Does Motorcraft make a version?
  • I have no idea.
  • I think that there is a Motorcraft option. Check with your local dealers service dept.
  • That would be awesome! I like to keep my car 100% Motorcraft :lol: