ey paint code

edited November 2008 in Feature Mustangs
I have done some reading on the ey paint code for a 1992 limited and I don't think that EY and ES are the same color. I was reading on a 1993 cobra website about the paint code and it seems that 9 cobras from 1993 are an EY code, which is vibrant red no clear coat, and the rest were color ES, which is the red with the clear coat. It seems to be from reading on here that the only available color we can get today is ES. I went to an online touch up paint site to order EY paint, which it had listed as perfromance red, chose a quart of it, and it said that this was a clearcoat paint and I would also have to buy clearcoat too. Any 92 owners ever had to to paint a bumper scuff or something that required more than a touch up paint but less than say, a full repaint? Are there any 92 owners that went in for a full repaint and were told it would have to be clearcoated?

Comments

• I know that our 1993 Cobra was ES with clearcoat and mine was EY without, they looked EXACTLY the same, and our 2000 Cobra R is also performance red, same color they all look the same. :?: