1993 Canary Yellow Feature - Where to buy door panels...

edited June 2009 in Feature Mustangs
Hi!

My husband and I are the proud new owners of a 93 Canary Feat.

The previous owner didn't like the top and couldn't clean the door panels so he painted them. We're researching the site here for top info - but we'd really be interested in finding the proper door panels... I am not 100% positive but I think they were two tone - white and black...

Any ideas?

We're looking forward to restoring her to her former glory - she's not so bad looking, but we have a lot of little things to take care of!

Thanks in advance,

Judi & Garry

70163d1242988756-finally-found-one-.jpg

101_0920.jpg

Comments

• latemodel restoration has them, they sell all white ones which are correct for I think 109 for a pair. the armrests will be more difficult to come by.
  • latemodel restoration has them, they sell all white ones which are correct for I think 109 for a pair. the armrests will be more difficult to come by.

Thank you so much!!! I thought they were all white too, until my husband found a few that had the two tone... We're just confused as to what was standard on the '93 Canary's... :?:
  • I had the seller send me pics on that car. I had a tough time communicating with him and wasn't sure if the car had all the correct vin tags but his price was very good. Is the mileage correct? Besides the black stuff, it looked to me to be a very original car.
  • We had the car checked out - but is going to another place as the first, a Mustang Shop - I wasn't impressed with... the front left quarter was repainted at some point... all the tags are there as well as the rad. tag - miles are orig, car is very tight - car was not beat on... but the last owner was clearly not a Mustang guy... plus, his wife hated the car - you know how that goes... it was garaged but neglected and not worked on like we would care for it...

Car needs a few things cosmetically, such as new top (we're going back to white), interior door panels, a few scratches on the back body molding and 2 dings in the door... over all - the car is beautiful and a hell of a lot of fun to drive...

Needs a tune up and tranny fluid change and a set of tires soon... and we're ready to rock and roll... We'll get a paint job in a few years - this one is not close to being ready for that just yet... in the meantime, the paint thats on there will certainly do - she shined up beautifully when I detailed her Saturday.

Under the hood is stock and clean, clean , clean - dizzy is even there to be admired lol

We had no problems with the seller - maybe because we were literally a few towns away... were you the person who wanted him to meet you half way to MD?
  • If it were me, I would wait for a set on ebay. They come up often enough. I don't know how accurate the LRS panels are. A lot of the early repop parts are no where close to OEM in design or quality. Same thing happened with the 64-73's in the 80's.
  • If it were me, I would wait for a set on ebay. They come up often enough. I don't know how accurate the LRS panels are. A lot of the early repop parts are no where close to OEM in design or quality. Same thing happened with the 64-73's in the 80's.

Thank you so much - the LRS looked cheezy to me, but I could be wrong... ebay is a great idea! Thank you!!

• Thank you very much!! I emailed him but will call him later on! :D
  • Part of what you are looking for. These don't come around too often. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Ford ... ccessories A bit pricey, though.
  • Thank you so much for the links! I contacted the one person on CL.... they were gray pockets... and we've since found an upholsterer to complete the door panels to orig along with a new white top!! :D