How to find actual production number and replacement buck tag

edited June 2009 in Feature Mustangs
I'm new to the site, and I just purchased a 93 triple white mustang. The car is an aod and has 95,000 miles on it. I'm the third owner and the previous 2 owners before me were both older women who just drove the car as a summer car. Well before I purchased it, it had a a front end hit and the core support was replaced and the buck tag is gone. Is there a way to get a reproduction of it? Also, I saw another triple white fox on ebay that had a letter stating the actual production number of the car. Similar to the certificates that svt gives out for the cobras. Does such a thing really exist? Thanks for the help and I really love the website. Now I just have to enter the car into the registry. BTW, here is a quick pic
http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000522jxf.jpg

Comments

• + 1 I need a replacement buck tag as well.

Anyone know how to get one?
  • Also, I saw another triple white fox on ebay that had a letter stating the actual production number of the car. Similar to the certificates that svt gives out for the cobras. Does such a thing really exist?
    I can't help with the buck tag replacement but the letter that tells you what # you are out of 1500 comes from Terry McCoy. He has all VINs for 1992 and 1993 feature cars (and some other year/models) and can look yours up. He runs a registry and charges $25. More information is here on this site on my registry page which is free to join. If you contact Terry, please tell him that you got his information through triplewhitefox.com.
  • Yeah, I found that after I posted the question. I emailed him a couple of days ago, and I did mention the site, but I have yet to hear back from him.
  • Don't worry, you will hear back from him. He is a pretty busy guy. Thanks for the mention.
  • Yeah, I just heard back from him today. I gave him my address and he is going to send out the information I need to fill out. It's nice that someone has all the information for our cars. I think the more history you can obtain for a car like ours, the more value that the car will hold.
  • We contacted Terry and are excited to receive the info on our car! With that info, my husband will be picking out personalized plates... hopefully... lol

Anyone in NJ have the plate: FEATURE :?:

We checked it's availability and it's taken... lolol :D
  • I think the more history you can obtain for a car like ours, the more value that the car will hold.
    I absolutely agree.

I don't know how far you have explored this site and I admit that some of the information can be buried so I should mention that to further your documentation you can get a "build sheet" from Ford that will outline all of your cars original options. There are three posts in my blog on the topic. Just search my blog to find them.

The conclusion of those three posts would be that multiple requests for the build sheet for the same car can yield different results. They should call you back before they send it out and it would be worthwhile to go through it with them on the phone in order to make sure it is right. Sometimes the sheets state "feature car" and sometimes they do not. Sometimes they state originating dealership. There is definitely a human interpretation of the Ford data that happens and they sometimes miss things and/or make mistakes. It usually takes several requests to get it correct. Especially if going into it you have little idea what options your car came with.
  • good looking car-- looks like you also have an 84 GT anniversary edition ?
  • 87 t-top. It is just in the middle of a major overhaul. I have been without a drivable mustang for a couple of years, when the 93 came available. I figured, for $4900.00 and 95,000 miles, it would be a good car to have as a weekend cruiser while I work on my 87. Now, the 93 is what I am focusing my attention on.
  • Sweet, I love the T-top Mustangs. 1987 was pretty rare to have the T-tops, but 1988 was the last and final year, they are super rare!