Should triplewhitefox.com change its identity to be less "triple white" and more "fea

edited September 2009 in Feature Mustangs
A mention of a club sticker in another thread made me come back to an idea that has been floating around my head since I arranged the second gathering of feature cars in 2008 at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals. There, I felt like it must be strange for fellow owners to be showing their 92 red and 93 yellow feature cars with tripleWHITEfox.com.

The domain triplewhitefox.com originated back in 2003 when I was just thinking about my car and didn't envision that this site would grow to be much bigger than that. In June of 2008, I registered the domain foxfeaturecars.com as an alternative and thought about "rebranding" this site under that name. I didn't move forward with it because, as with "rebranding" anything, a change like that is not to be taken lightly. triplewhitefox.com has been referenced in print, on other web sites and has good Google search rankings. For a while (probably a long while), if I did make a change, I'd run both names in parallel with the primary identity being the new one.

I actually forgot about foxfeaturecars.com until this years Carlisle where I had the same feeling all over again. Now that I think more about it, the time may be right. So, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this idea and how this concept could be modified or extended to bring our set of cars closer together in the ever broadening Mustang world.

Comments

• I would leave the name as triplewhitefox.com. I think this name/site is part of the legacy of our cars. Anyone with an interest in any of the other Feature Cars wouldn't have to search to hard to find your site. If anything, maybe include more of an official introduction to the site and just a mention that this site is dedicated to all the Feature cars, and that you named it based on the "TWF" that you purchased. Most often, when either a magazine runs an article on these cars or one comes up for sale, triplewhitefox.com is where people are directed to learn more about these cars.
  • I agree entirely. Leave the site name alone. You site is know far and wide by the Triple White Fox name. I appreciate the consideration for those of us who own the "other" color cars but I am proud to be a member of this forum and plan on being involved with the site in the future via opinions or responses to blogs. Also thanks again for letting us discuss some off "Feature" topics here as well. Take care.
  • Well, I am on the fence here. I like the originality of "TWF" but when I mention the site to others, it is strange telling them, "Oh yeah there is a great Feature car website for your 7-up called Triple White Fox dot com"

Its really up to you John. I do like the idea of a sticker for the club. The second picture you posted on the other thread is cool. I like the cut out look.

Ryan
  • I would be in favor of a switch. I appreciate the work and effort that has gone into developing the site. But with that said, it does isolate and favor the white feature cars, which are less than 30% of the original production. Smaller if you include the 1990 emerald greens and the 2000 feature cars. I registered featurecarconvertibles.com years ago, but have never done anything with it. I felt that it was broad enough to include all of the models when people google "feature car", be it a 1992, 93 or 2000. I likely will never develop it because the community is too small for multiple sites. I do not want to see the communities fragmented, like what happened to the Saleen or SSP communities.
  • If I may voice my opinion, I vote for leaving the name as is. I don't see a problem with the site being for all of the 92/93 feature cars, and staying with the established name makes sense for the sake of continuity. In the end though, it's your site John, and whatever you decide is fine by me.
  • Just curious-what is a 2000 feature car?
  • John,

If you want to, just register another, more broad, domain name and have it redirect here... That way you can advertise the more "suitable" domain and maintain your hard work marketing triplewhitefox.com...

Just my $.02

Anton
  • 2000 Spring Edition Feature cars came in zinc yellow, performance red, white, black and silver w/ machined wheels. Both convertible and hardtops were available. 3901 built combining all colors and body types. A really nice example on Ebay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mus ... sQ5fTrucks
  • JOHN,
    This is YOUR site, we joined YOUR site ! You know I have a 92 RED FEATURE and YOU welcomed me into YOUR site a few years ago, with me knowing YOU have a 93 WHITE FEATURE. A lot of people know this site and YOUR hard work . YOU do what YOU want--- YOU HAVE DONE GREAT WITH THIS SITE !
    Just my opinion.
    JOEL
  • "Feature" Mustangs
    Dedicated to documenting and preserving the history of the 1992 and 1993 "Feature" Ford Mustangs.
    THIS SAY'S IT ALL.
  • Thanks everyone for the feedback. After some thought, I think I am going to stick with triplewhitefox.com but focus on a club identification that is more broad. I think I can have the best of both worlds.

I'm searching for the correct club identification for that sticker and for use when we gather at Carlisle.

I'm thinking "Fox Body Feature Mustang Club" or "Fox Feature Mustang Club".

Although, I don't want to exclude the 7-up cars from joining us but the use of "Feature" might not fit them too well. So, "Limited Edition Fox Body Mustang Club" is also an option.

Here's a quick draft with one of the options:

clubStickerDraft.jpg

I'm also looking into round smaller stickers. I'm open to suggestions.
  • Just curious, but do the 7UP cars have a buck tag and if so does it say feature/limited or anything like that?
  • Yeah I would consider the 7-ups a Feature, It was a limited edition Fox..
  • Just curious, but do the 7UP cars have a buck tag and if so does it say feature/limited or anything like that?
    I don't know about the buck tag but the window sticker states "1990 LIMITED EDITION LX CON" assuming this is real or an accurate reproduction -

7UPWindowSticker.jpg
  • Its totally up to you. This is your site that you created.
    the TWF name is ok with me.
  • John: I've been a registered member for a very long time and I respect what you've done with TWF. I'll respect any future move too, but I think TWF is known far and wide for being all inclusive. Thanks for all your hard work and for the help you've given me.

Mike
  • Hi Everyone.

TWF has so much name recognition now that changing it would be difficult. I don't know how many Fox sites it is listed in now but it is a LOT. This site is even listed in John Clors book. I would leave it as is. I think there is more to lose than would be gained.

I like the other domain name and it might be a way to help others find this site. But I am not sure that it is even needed because of all the sites TWF is already listed on and in print.

Most Feature owners I meet already know about the site.

John you have done a great job, the site is great. Some day I hope to get back there and get to meet some of you.
    Jerry

PS: I would luv to have a decal of the TWF Fox to put with my YMR decal and number that is on my bumper. Hint! Hint!
  • Jackie, Mike and Jerry: thanks for encouragement and kind words. Don't worry, I am sticking with TWF. I think it is interesting that each of you come from a different cross section of our little community and you are all OK with TWF.
    This site is even listed in John Clors book.
    I don't think I have heard of this book. What is the title? I'll definitely buy a copy if this site is referenced!

I need to get back on that sticker "project". Things have been a little crazy lately.
  • My Bad John,

I got out my copy of John Clors book "The Mustang Dynasty". I could have sworn TWF was listed in there. But I was mistaken.
    Now I am trying to remember what book it was I was reading that I say it in.

Jerry
  • No problem, Jerry. Let me know if you happen to find it.
  • In terms of the web address, don't forget about URL re-directs! You could technically have one "all encompassing" URL (clubname.com) and have it redirect to TripleWhiteFox.com? I've came across a few Mustang sites that have done that in the past. Just a thought...
  • I don't really care either way. As long as you have the search meta data that gets all types of feature cars to the site, it should not really matter. But, if you do change and rebrand, I would also do the redirect as suggested and keep that in place for at least a year.
  • As I said earlier...
    John,

If you want to, just register another, more broad, domain name and have it redirect here... That way you can advertise the more "suitable" domain and maintain your hard work marketing triplewhitefox.com...

Just my $.02

Anton
  • Sorry I missed it! I guess that's what happens when you return from a long (and boring) day at work!
    As I said earlier...
    John,

Just my $.02

Anton
  • So what did everyone decided? Is it staying TWF?
  • I decided to stick with "TWF" and triplewhitefox.com. It would be far too much trouble to switch it over and would leave behind much of the identity that this site has achieved over the years.

In the near future I will make the site more neutral to all feature cars with some small changes and more formally establish a feature car club which will include that sticker we talked about.

I appreciate everyone's feedback.
  • That is a good decision. I cant wait for the Sticker. That will be cool. :)