Feature Car Mileage

Hi all,

Sorry I've not been around much lately - just too much going on in life these days. Hopefully, things will settle down soon.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how much putting on miles on a Feature Mustang affects its resale value. I understand that, in general, putting on a lot of miles will make the car worth less money, but with such limited editions as the Feature Car, I would think that the impace would be less. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm thinking of taking my car for a long (by my standards) ride up to NH from RI and have been thinking I shouldn't add the 200+ miles in a single one-day trip.

Thanks,
frankenstang

Comments

• Do it! These are great cars but IMO drive it and enjoy it! I had a 95 Cobra Convertible Hardtop that was one of 499. I NEVER drove it because I was afraid to put the miles on it. In the end I did not enjoy that car because I was afraid to put the miles on it, get it dirty, get dinged up, etc.

I sold it and eventually got back into the Mustang thing a few years back with my 92 Feature. I bought it because it has miles on it and I am not afraid to take it out and drive anywhere.

In the end, will these be worth more then a regular Fox body, definitely. Will it some day be at the level of say a 65 Shelby, I wish it would but doubt it. Enjoy it, don't do what I did and just looked at it in the garage....these are too much fun to drive with the top down and 5.0 rumbling to do that!! Before you know it winter will be settled in and it will not be as much fun!
  • Drive the heck out of it. Weather permitting. Take care.
  • I agree, drive it. Cars were made to be driven. And, they're just too much fun. I remember reading somewhere that no use is the worse kind of ab-use a car can receive.

Like mine, your mileage is high enough that another 200 of them is not going to make a big difference. If you had 1000 miles you probably would have more of a concern.

Do it - you and your car will be better for it.
  • IMO, there are enough of each variety around to always find a low mileage example. I do not consider 1500+ of the same basic car to be rare. Uncommon, yes, but it is not 1 of 9 or 1 of 64. Drive it. I did, to the tune of 164K miles. Your restoration will be more expensive, but I have many great memories associated with my car. Cross country trips to LSU football games, driving on the beach at Daytona ( then quickly pressure washing the undercarriage ), taking my wife on our first date, etc. I have enjoyed my car the way they were designed to be enjoyed. If you have a car under 30K miles, park it. Anything over than that, enjoy it to the fullest.
  • I have 18,800 as of today. So 200 would kinda make a difference lol!
  • I have 18,800 as of today. So 200 would kinda make a difference lol!
    You do have really low mileage on your ride. We are pushing 150k on our yellow feature and have enjoyed driving it. The car has had a complete resto though.
  • You're in a tricky spot with that amount of miles. Unfortunately, a 20K mile car is looked at differently than a 19K mile car. The mystique of being sub 20K, or even sub 30K is too tempting to preserve the car as is.
  • Thanks for all of your posts - I appreciate it and tend to agree with the idea that the car will be more fun to drive than to look at sitting in my garage. I didn't take it on my last 200 mile trip, but am planning a possible leaf-peeping journey over the Columbus Day weekend, weather permitting. I'd love to cruise up to Vermont or NH and never even check the odometer! :)

frankenstang