Seat question

edited April 2006 in Feature Mustangs
Does anyone know how to modify the front seat in a convertible to make it recline just a little bit more?

I'm 6'5" so every inch counts.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• WOW, thats a great question. I did help a guy modify his seat to make it sit higher because his wife was too short to drive it (we just fabricated some 3/4 inch spacers to make it sit higher), but never to make it recline more. Hope someone has some suggestions to help, but I can't think of anything.

Good luck, but I'm affraid I can't be of any help.
  • Hey I dont know if this would help but in 1999 Ford did make a seat track adjustment availible and it gained about 1 inch more of track to the seats on those cars. I have just read an article containing this info and have not yet checked with my local Ford dealer regarding the truth to this. I am 6'4 and the fox convts do not offer much leg room. I do know of a number of my friends whom have switched out sn-95 body seats for their fox platform seats and the fronts bolt right in. Check it out if you have time. If I get it done sooner I will get a reply back to you. Take care. Chet.
  • this is a little late,but i don't really see how its possible, i'm 6'5" also and when i first got mine i was wondering why it didn't lean back that far, upon further inspection, it hits the trim panel behind the seat, reguar stangs don't have such wide interior panels because they don't have the retractable 1/4 windows, looks impossible to me, also i didn't want the seat to break them if it touched when i was setting in it so i leaned it forward so its about a half inch or so away, it was uncomfortable at first, but i got used to it.