Hey guys

Well i have a 93 yellow/black/black feature car, a 93 4cyl notch,and an 86 5.0 capri, i guess i could tell you the story of how i got all my cars since i'm bored right now, so here here it goes,

i'll start with the feature, well i was attending school in wyoming and i had one week off, i was driving a 95 bronco which i like, but the thing got horrible gas mileage even compared to other trucks i have owned, and since i had never owned a car i decided i had to have a v8 so mustang it was, i didn't really care for sn-95s at the time so i was set on a fox, i looked in every newspaper,autotrader, online adds anything that might have a mustang in my area i looked for it, only real problem was it had to be at a dealership so i could trade my bronco for it, i found 4 mustangs at first 2 5.0s,and 2 2.3s, i went and looked at all of them, all were convertible and all were automatic, i wanted a 5speed notch so bad, no dice. The dealerships with the 4cyls wanted 5.0 money for them, because they got good gas mileage, so they were out, then the blue/black top car i called and it had already sold, so there was the last one a red/tan 5.0, i went and looked at it and it was pretty junked, but the guy was going to give me top dollar for my bronco and i could fix it up, but i didn't think it could make it back to wyoming so it was out. then in my town, i was riding with my dad and i saw a familiar site, out back of a car lot(the owner of which i know) sat a yellow vert with ten holes, i had known of feature cars at this point, but i didn't think it was one since it didn't have chrome ponies. i said scew it and i went and talked to him, he told me he bought it for his wife about 5 or so years back at a dealer auction and about a month after they got it some one cut the top and stole the radio, and the wheels, so he had a new top put on it and threw som ten holes on it and his wife drove it for about a year and got tired of it,so he parked it in back of his lot, where it sat until now, he said every once in a while he would go start it, but hadn't done so in a year, i go out thinking this was a car that had been painted yellow, but when i popped the hood the paint definetly was original in the engine bay, so i went and looked inside(my friend actually popped the hood) and it was black leather, and the radio had definetly been stolen, i remembered there was something special about the leather but i couldn't remember what, then it hit me the pony on the headrest, so i look and there it is, this was a feature car.

I got a battery box from the guy and it started but ran like crap, turns out the big vacuum hose under the upper intake had a hole in it, but i traded straight across, i got the actual kelley blue book trade in value for my bronco, about $4200, he wanted 4500 but i got him down, i just wanted a mustang so bad.

this brings us to the notch, the next day,which was a saturday, i was going to replace the appendix on the starter because it sticks when you start it, but my autozone didn't have one, but the town over did, so i talked my mom into taking me over to pick it up, we went the country way, since i live out in the country, i a telling my mom how i really wanted a notch not a vert and now that i had bought a car i was going to find one for sale, but she didn't know what a notch/coupe looked like, so i told her i would tell her if i saw one, and not 2 seconds literally 2 seconds later there is a white notch parked by the road with for sale written on it, i said you have got to be kidding me, but not that nicely, and on the way back we stopped by and a really old guy came out and said he would take $600 for it, but i didn't have time to look at it and i had to go back to school the following morning, so i left the money with my dad and he bought the car for me the following monday, a 1993 5 speed 4 cyl notch with 60,000 miles for $500, a steal in my book.

we will skip the capri story and fast forward to last saturday night(i have since graduated), i drove over to the cruise street and i pulled over in my feature car with ten holes and watched cars go by, when i decided to leave about midnight, i pulled out and start driving, i pass a mecury marauder, and since they aren't to common around here i glance back at it, when i turn around i'm about to go thru an intersection and my lights red, and right in front of me is a minivan, i never hit the brakes, and i smacked it and hard, nobody was hurt, but what an idiot i had been, wrecking my car to look at a marauder, i never really knew how much i loved that car untili saw it there smashed to hell.......i teared up a little. i got it back to my house and sunday afternoon a body guy i know came by and looked at it he said it could be fixed, i thought it was totaled, but i only have liability on it so either way its mine, i registered my car on here that sunday, it may take awhile but i am going to save this car and put it back on the road.

wll if you read this far, well now you know my story.

Comments

• Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your story. Sounds like you have some nice finds. That is a steal for the 4 banger notch. I have thought about getting one of those for a commuter. I am kind or tired of my Explorer. It's great in the winter but is boring in the summer.

It's too bad to hear about your accident. I too had an accident with a car I loved one time and I know how it feels.

Sorry, it took me so long to respond. I was on vacation last week and it has taken me a couple days to get back into things.