Paint Question

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with wet sanding to get rid of a bit of excess paint? My body shop guy said he's hesitant to try it, so I'm wondering if I'll need to completely repaint the area.

Merry Christmas,

frankenstang

Comments

• Is it paint that was applied at the factory? I'm pretty sure all my paint is original and I have noticed imperfections such as drips primarily on the lower doors.
  • The yellow paint on our cars was applied much thicker than most factory paints to achieve the proper color. If there was any factory paint that could take it, Canary yellow can.
  • I would leave well enough alone...Every fox mustang is full of paint flaws. You'll go crazy trying to make a foxbody perfect.
  • From what I was told, the car was never in any accidents, but it was definitely repainted in spots. The inspection I had performed substantiated both. So, it looks like it wasn't the original paint that dripped. And I can't believe that factory drips happen anymore.

The drips are barely noticeable, so I'll probably take the advice of noac and leave well enough alone...

Happy new year,

frankenstang
  • Good call! We restored our car and stripped it all the way down. My body man was shocked at how much of what he called "school bus" yellow was on the car. Our's had not been repainted either.