NOS Floor Mats - $50

edited May 2006 in For sale/wanted
I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but there's a set of NOS floor mats for the 93 Yellow feature car listed on Ebay with a Buy it Now price of $50. The item number is 8059628903.

Comments

• Those look different than the ones in my stang. Maybe they are just worn but the ponies in mine are only outlined with yellow and black inside, not yellow/gold throughout like those are. Are they maybe just worn? I can't really see that being the case as there is no yellow whatsoever inside the outline
  • It seems unlikely that the inside would wear and not the outside. Do you have a picture?

I have a couple of sets of yellow mats; although neither are original and are Ford "Service Parts." One set is from the people selling the ones mentioned here. Both sets have the same yellow pony

F3ZZ-7613086-B_pony.jpg

One set has a grommeted hole similar to what Ford does on more recent models where there is a hook on the floor that holds the mat in place. As best I can decode the grids on the back of these that seem to show month/year of manufacture one set I have was made in late 1999 and the other was early 2000. The set I got from these people is without the hole and has a manufacture date in late 1999.

I have previously posted some more detailed information on the set that I got first (not from these people).

It's very possible that the subsequent manufacturing runs were slightly different than the originals.
  • I have adjusted the bightness and contrast to sharpen the ponies so they don't look near as bright and nice as these pics lol

Also my driver side mat does not have that hook

ponycode20dj.th.jpg

ponycode1zn.th.jpg

pony28tz.th.jpg

pony19dq.th.jpg
  • WOW, that clears up a lot. I actually bought 30 sets of these mats thinking they are "original". My original set did not have the yellow inside the pony, but I thought it had just wore out. When I bought these from the same guy listing them, I hadn't seen any sold on ebay for some time, and I paid $99.00 a set. Some bargain. Well they look good though. Another Yellow question for everyone. My headrests have a yellow pony stitched in, I have seen these cars with yellow and some with the black pony, which is correct? Any help would be great.
  • I've personally never seen the headrest in yellow which doesn't mean it's not factory embroidered. I've wanted to have it stitched in yellow as I'm sure it looks MUCH better than the black on black
  • I have adjusted the bightness and contrast to sharpen the ponies so they don't look near as bright and nice as these pics lol

Also my driver side mat does not have that hook

Thanks for the pics.

Regarding head rests, I have only see the black stitching on black but I agree that the yellow stitching must look better.
  • Are those the same codes as you have on your mats?
  • Are those the same codes as you have on your mats?

They are pretty close to my original mats. Mine have a black pony for my white car. Like yours, there is no Ford part number in the form F3ZZ-xxxxxxxxx.

F3ZZ-7613086-A_back_rh.jpg

F3ZZ-7613086-A_back_lh.jpg

Here are the codes from the yellow set I bought that are Ford Service Parts (full yellow pony) which do list a Ford Part number and were mfg. after 1993:

F3ZZ-7613086-B_back_rh.jpg

F3ZZ-7613086-B_back_lh.jpg