Who pulled out their Features this weekend???

edited March 2010 in Feature Events
Ok, here in the Northeast we have had 3 solid days of temps above 50 degrees and tomorrow they are calling for 60's!!!

For those of us unlucky enough to have to store their Features in the winter, who among us pulled them out and dropped the top?

With the winter we had with record snows, there was nothing better then taking it out this weekend with top down (windows still up....wimped out a bit!). Only issue is we still have some snow "piles" still melting. I had to do some fancy driving to try and avoid the puddles as much as possible. She still got a little wet on the sides but it was just too much fun to care!!!

BRING ON SPRING!!!!! :D

Comments

• I got the ole girl out but couldnt bring myself to putting the top down yet.
  • I have to admit that I didn't get mine out even though we had temps near 60F and are still having them into this week. I really could have but got side tracked on some projects around the house. :(
  • I drove mine Sunday for the first time in months. I did not put the top down though.
  • Took mine to the NMRA Spring Break shoot out in Bradenton FL.
    It was a great weekend. Fun caravan there Saturday and on the way home on Sunday. Entered her in the car show. On Sunday she got a trophy!!! I was very surprised as there were lots of nice foxes there!
  • Got our '92 out of long term storage to garage. Got oil changed in preparation for spring!

I also added a low mile 04 Mach 1 to our garage in December. I've never looked forward so much to nice weather!
  • Sorry, lost some posts here due to the March 13, 2010 server outage. I lost the post that rare_92 was replying to but here are the ones I could recover:

Rare_92 on Mar 11, 2010 8:42:24 PM said:
    7K miles! thats insane. What a great find. Cant wait to see some picts.
    frankenstang on Mar 12, 2010 5:46:14 PM said:
    I took my '93 to the post office on Tuesday afternoon, but didn't dare go beyond that with the salt and sand still on the roads. Spent a few days in Florida last week and the car show scene down there is like in mid-season form. We saw so many very cool cars, including several foxes in Crystal River... I guess I'll just have to wait a couple more weeks and then head down to the ocean for a good, long cruise. frankenstang
  • Well, we've gotten somewhere between 6 and 10 inches of rain here in RI since Saturday morning and now it's starting to snow. Can't wait for spring - at least the long range forecast is looking pretty good!

Hope your weather is better...

frankenstang
  • We've had tons of rain in that same period with lots of wind damage in coastal areas. Luckily, no damage where I am.

The way I look at it is that its just washing away all of the residue of the stuff they spread to melt ice. Wednesday starts a streak of days in the 60s.
  • Looking forward to this weekend's weather. I am taking my car to get the sagging windshield weather stripping replaced on Friday.
  • It's bluebonnet and convertible time here in South Texas. I took a topless cruise through the Hill Country, then south through Wimberly and finally to Canyon Lake. There, I hopped in my boat and took a cruise over to Party Cove where we had 17 boats in a raft up. The blue skies with 80 degree temps made for the best week-end weather of 2010.

Crusie on........Capt. Mike
  • Ok, had mine out tonight for the first time this year and with the top down. Upper 60s and it felt great! Took my five year old with me.
  • This weekend for sure - 72 in Philly area on Saturday. Before this week there were still too many snow piles at the intersections making wet sloppy messes - can't get the baby all wet and stuff!
  • Thess6225, welcome to the club. I am over here in Voorhees, NJ, about 20 minutes from Philly. Going to pull out the Feature again this weekend. Can not wait for the 72 degree weather after our winter.

Check out the post on Carlisle this year. Only a 2 hour drive from Philly and you can show your car with us. We could always use a few more triple whites!
  • Had mine out last Sunday for a club meeting, cloudy and cold so the top stayed up. First time it has been out since 2nd week in November.

A cold front moved in tonight, went from 60 to 40 degrees in about an hour this afternoon. Right now it's raining with the threat of freezing. 1 to 4 inches of snow is very possible tonight and early tomorrow. Very rare weather for Kansas this time of year. Suppose to melt off by Sunday but will still be messy

Looks like another weekend it stays in the garage. :P
    Jerry
  • Went to the Spring Fling Mustang show in Pinellas Park FL last weekend. She got another trophy!! I can't believe it!