Limited Mustang Get Together....

Is any body interested in maybe some day towards the warmer weather getting together as a group? I think it would be neat to see some of the Limited Feature cars in person, or travel as a group some where. Maybe the ford plant, or the musuem? Not sure what state everyone lives in, or what state would have the most of us without traveling too far. :)

Comments

• This is something another feature car owner mentioned to me recently and I think it is a great idea. He is in the same state as I so his thinking was that a bunch of us could get together for the day and take a drive to some destination. Just think of the photo opportunities!

The ultimate would be to get as many people as possible together from all over the US and Canada and piggyback on top of an existing Mustang event. For example, last years 40th celebration in Nashville would have been perfect.

My long-term goal is to do just that. I would like to meet everyone I have been corresponding with through this site. Although, the 45th seems really far off. For now, I'd like to start with some local and/or regional meets and see how things go. I'm in CT so I will probably be coordinating something in my area for the summer. From a personal standpoint, my wife and I had our first baby last year so my ability to be away from home for mutiple days because of my Mustang "obsession" is somewhat limited. My hope is that this forum allows anyone to coordinate their own events, if they would like.

If you want a general idea of where the feature car owners I can easily contact are from check out my registry stats.

What do other people think?
  • I would love to do this, unfortunately I'm in Indiana, near Chicago, IL. I go to some shows near me, but I seem to be the only Mustang guy there, how frustrating. I would love to travel to one of these, but I wouldn't be able to bring all 3 with me, my wife would never drive one anywhere, let alone to meet other Feature nuts. She already wants to committ me for being compulsive enough to get all 3 cars. It would be awesome to take some photos of all the cars together, maybe it would stimulate more interest for these cars. If anyone near the Chicagoland area wants to meet up, share stories of restoration, or even get in touch to swap some parts ( I have alot of spare everything for these cars), or even get a club organized count me in. I'm sure my brother would be interested, he now owns my second triple white, and a friend has my second red feature. I'm also interested in buying spare parts from people who no longer need them. Mr Jones, I would LOVE to have a copy of the Feature Car Ford Counter topper, or even a duplicate. Let me know. As always, theanks for giving me a new obbsession, and an outlet to feed off of.
  • Getting together sounds like great fun, just not sure if the logistics could be worked out... :(

Anyone planning to come to Myrtle Beach, SC this July for Mustang Week? I hope to have my girl looking good enough to join the herd this year... Haven't gotten to attend yet, but have heard that it's a blast for Stang lovers...

Here's a link for anyone interested...Mustang Week

Sue [B-)]
  • A great event would be the Shelby meet this summer in Tulsa OK.
  • How about we post were we are at, only active members will respond, we could tie our get togeather with another Mustang event at a common area based on member replies.
  • How about we post were we are at, only active members will respond, we could tie our get togeather with another Mustang event at a common area based on member replies.
    I'm in the Detroit, Michigan area!!
    I'm in Connecticut. I have also been thinking of a get together and maybe even something like a ride in my local area. I know of at least a few local owners. It would be great just to get out for a short drive. I hope to be starting a new thread for this shortly.

I can't believe it's almost August! The summer is going so fast.