TWF Club Sticker

edited May 2010 in Feature Mustangs
A "club" sticker was first discussed last summer in another thread. Earlier this month, I finally got it together and created some drafts. My inspiration was other things I have created for this site: the site logo and the show banner. And, obviously, the running pony with the tri-bar was central to a couple of them along with a color representation of all of the cars. And, I'm partial to green.

I sent them off for printing and just got them this afternoon. I scanned them so you can get a rough idea. It is hard to see the detail but hopefully this is good enough.

clubStickerDraft.jpg

The source images are visible via the cafepress site. There you can see a truer representation of the colors. These are just drafts. Don't order anything there. My plan is to pick one design and order a bunch in bulk to keep the price down and mail them out myself.

I have my favorite(s) and an wondering what others think. I am open to suggestions on all aspects of them: layout, color, club name, etc.

Comments

• I think #4 is sharp. Best of luck.
  • I like number 4 also
  • I'm partial to white (duh!), so I'm for number four.
  • Thanks for the feedback so far. #4 is definitely classy.
  • I like #4, too. Would it be possible to have the top line say, "Fox Body White-Yellow-Red Feature Mustang Club" so people don't wonder why my yellow car is in a "Triple White Fox" club? Just a thought...
  • Good idea. Maybe I could put 1992 vibrant red/1993 canary yellow/1993 vibrant white at the bottom with the web address smaller and underneath. I'll give it a try.
  • OK, so here is option #5.

sticker_draft_5.png

I've got to work on the curve of the new text a little but this was done quickly.

We can refer to this as #5
  • That looks awesome!!
  • I like No#5

My 2 cents worth. Since name recognition is important, what if you put TripleWhiteFox.Com under Fox Body Feature Mustang Club.

Fox Body Feature Mustang Club
    TripleWhiteFox.Com

The Fox Here

92 Vibrant Red/93 Canary Yellow/93 Vibrant White

Like I said just my 2 cents. I really like the idea of having these on my car as I try to educate those that don't know about the cars, and there are a lot of them. :D
    Jerry
  • I like #4 and #5. They both look classy and just awesome.
  • OK, so here is option #5.

sticker_draft_5.png

I've got to work on the curve of the new text a little but this was done quickly.

We can refer to this as #5

I like this one the best. Are these going to have a white background so they show up? Also will they be printed for the inside of the window. For instance my MCA sticker is that way and I have it on the windshield near the dash.

I am VERY interested in one of these stickers!
  • I like this one the best. Are these going to have a white background so they show up? Also will they be printed for the inside of the window. For instance my MCA sticker is that way and I have it on the windshield near the dash.

Yes, white background. The stickers I am planning to use are outside mount. I would like to get some that mount inside but have not found a place that does them. If anyone has any ideas on where please let me know. There are hundreds if not thousands of online places that print stickers. I want to find a good one that makes a good product. Even though Cafepress is not the cheapest, doesn't have inside mount and only has the somewhat large oval I have shown here the ones that I have printed through them are good quality. I have had one on a daily driver for almost three years with no noticeable degrading.
  • Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout... Very nice work, John! I like #5, too!

frankenstang
  • I like this one the best. Are these going to have a white background so they show up? Also will they be printed for the inside of the window. For instance my MCA sticker is that way and I have it on the windshield near the dash.

Yes, white background. The stickers I am planning to use are outside mount. I would like to get some that mount inside but have not found a place that does them. If anyone has any ideas on where please let me know. There are hundreds if not thousands of online places that print stickers. I want to find a good one that makes a good product. Even though Cafepress is not the cheapest, doesn't have inside mount and only has the somewhat large oval I have shown here the ones that I have printed through them are good quality. I have had one on a daily driver for almost three years with no noticeable degrading.

Inside mount would really be good. I hope our group can find a place that does those in good quality :D
  • #5 looks great!
  • My design so far has been based upon the ability to order from Cafepress with whom I already have dealt with and feel comfortable with. They don't do inside mount, though. But, I think inside mount is a great idea.

My choice of the oval shape was also driven by what Cafepress offered. So, as it looks like Cafepress becomes less what I want, I went back to the drawing board. I am now thinking 3" round is a good choice which is about what the MCA decal is. I came up with a round version of #5 which seems to be popular.
    sticker_round.jpg
    I just contacted a decal printer to explore the possibilities of ordering a bunch and also making them order-able online in quantities of 1 or more via the printers web site.
  • I really like this one. ? #6 :D

As for inside or outside mount, either is fine with me. My YMR decals are on the outside. Mostly the car is in the garage and the YMR decals are still in great shape even after 4 years. A year ago I bought the MAA banner for the 45th drive and ended up putting it on the wifes car. Her car is in the garage at night but sets out in a parking lot 5 days a week and that banner still looks good and the car has also been driven 18000 miles with the banner on it. These things hold up pretty good anymore.

Jerry
  • I like it a lot, John, but there's something about the oval shape that makes it stand out. Maybe I've just seen too many round stickers in my life... :) So I still like #5.

frankenstang
  • I like #6 (the round one). I think its the 5.0 LX convertibles text balancing the web address that makes it stand out.

I do think that the oval sticker is sharp though. Maybe the text of the round one in oval form?
  • Well I liked #5 until I saw #6 ! Both look great !
  • I like #6. The round sticker will allow us to locate it on the front windshield where it will always be visible and be less distracting.
  • I love them, very cool idea! By the way, are these face clings - they will go on the inside and read on the outside, right?

We'll get one for sure!
  • I love them, very cool idea! By the way, are these face clings - they will go on the inside and read on the outside, right?
    I would like to get them that way.

I requested a quote from a place that does them but I have not heard back. Maybe they are not interested but I never take it as a good sign that a business blows you off before they even have your business.

If anyone has any recommendations on sticker places please let me know. I prefer someone who comes recommended rather than just trying any among the numerous places you can find via Google.
  • I have reverse vinyl on my car windshield - applied on the inside - reads right from the outside, that would probably be the cheapest route to go - from experience, (in the printing industry) the amount you'd have to order for window clings makes it a bit costly... whereas a local vinyl shop can do the reverse vinyl for maybe a few bucks each? If we pay upfront, it should make it easier for you... Just a thought... Here is a pic of what I have on my car.... top 2 are the "reverse" vinyl - and the 3rd AFM is a cling - they come in rolls of no less than 250 and were quite expensive.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l132/ ... bling-.jpg
  • It's been a while since I have mentioned them but the stickers are finally here!

With the great assistance of OurStangs I was able to get a batch printed. They came out really great. This is a picture of it mounted on my windshield.

TWFClubStickerMounted.jpg

As I had hoped, they mount to the inside of the windshield.

To cover my costs, I am going to charge a small amount ($2) for each and am going to make them available for purchase through this site. I have added the capability to purchase them to this site which accepts payment via Paypal.

I have tested it thoroughly but I need some people to be the first to try to purchase them before I open it up to everyone. I would like to have several people give it a try. If you are interested, please contact me directly via email or PM. I will open it up to the first three I hear from. I will provide the link to order them as well as details on what you should expect. By trying this there is no chance you will not get what you order but I am looking to surface any bugs with the email communications, etc.

Also, I will have these at Carlisle in June. Every member of this site who joins us (with car or not) will get one for free.

Lastly, if you are not a Paypal user we can arrange payment via check or money order. Just contact me via email.

These have been a long time coming and thanks for your patience on this!
  • Over the weekend, I had a couple of people run through the purchase process of the stickers and all seems to be going well with it. Many thanks to them.

So, I have decided to open it up to everyone.

If you would like to buy a sticker you can start the process here:

http://www.triplewhitefox.com/store/help

That page should tell you everything you need to know about it.
  • Thanks, just put in my order.
  • Thanks, Chet. Response has been good so far. But, I still have plenty of them left.
  • Hey, got mine in the mail today they look great. Thx.
    Jerry