Hood insulation pad

edited April 2010 in Feature Mustangs
Is the hood insulation on the '93 cars unique to the feature cars or did all '93 cars have a pony in the insulation?

I thought it was a unique item but the other day on Late Model Resto.com I saw hood insulation w/ a pony.

Comments

• I got a hood insulator for my 92. The stock one had the pony in it. I was able to still get the OEM part from Ford.
  • I got mine from MustangsUnlimited.com they are out of Lawrenceville GA.
    Looks and feels just like the original. I couldn't find a new or NOS one.
    Part No# F2636 02 with shipping it was $149.00 but then that was 3 years ago.

Jerry

Whoops just checked them out, the pad alone is now $149.95 then you might want to get the retainers. I bought the pad, retainers and with freight to me it was $26.00.
    Here's a Link to take you directly to the pad.
    http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy ... 1=F2636+01
  • A liitle tip here before you install it.
    Buy 2 cans of semi gloss (it matches best) Hi-Heat engine paint.
    Paint the side that shows, Paint, let dry, Paint, let dry and keep doing this until both cans are used up. No one will be able to tell you painted it and it will help seal it. When mine gets dusty I just take either my California duster or a towel and window cleaner and whip it down. After 3 years it still looks new.

Jerry
  • I see them NOS on ebay

I bought mine from Mustangs Unlimited a few years ago. Mine is Ford NOS. I ordered it and the first one came and it had quite a lot of wrinkles. I took it back to their retail location and swapped it for a better one. Maybe the condition was a factor of the NOS ones kicking around for quite a few years since they last made them?
  • but my question is; is the pony in the insulator a unique item to the feature cars or did all cars come from the factory w/ a pony in the insulation?
  • tulsaBill, the pony is NOT unique to the feature cars.

I removed mine from my 7-Up and the 91 I owned prior to it. In both cases, the pads were dirty and stained. I just cleaned and waxed the underside of the hood and it looks good that way. As a bonus, I can hear the engine better too!
  • Just went out and checked my 92 4CYL. LX and it has a pony on it and it is original.

Looks like I need to order another one though. LOL :D
    Jerry