Radio options

edited August 2006 in Feature Mustangs
Where all the radio options listed on this site available for all 93 feature cars?

Comments

• I don't know if every option was available on feature cars but from information I have gathered from the registry I know the following:

Code: 8 - Radio Premium AM/FM. Clock Cassette - 79 cars registered
    Code: 5 - Radio Premium AM/FM Stereo Compact Disc - 37 cars
    Code: Y - Radio Delete - 1 car
    Code: 6 - Radio AM/FM/MPX. Electronic Premium Cassette - 3 cars
    Code: H - Radio AM/FM Stereo/Cassette. Electronic - 1 car
    Code: F - Radio AM/FM Stereo-Electronic - 1 car

The first 3 are the options listed in the 1993 Mustang brochure so I feel 99.9% sure they are accurate and were available. The last three I am somewhat less sure of. The codes that can be selected on the registry form are all the codes that I found when researching door tag decoding for 1993 Mustangs not necessarily all options that were available. One option is that they may have been erroneously selected by registrants as I find that occasionally people select the wrong entries in the dropdowns. Another option is that they are due to misprints on the door tags. Sometimes people will report codes that I am not familiar with and do not make sense.
  • Hey guys I have an actual copy of the 1993 Salesmans retail option book. It is dated 5-15-92 and list all upcoming changes and book pricing for all availible options. In regards to the radios NEW for 1993 was the "Standard" radio which was an am/fm stereo 4 speakers and 24 watts. optional were the 80 watt cd player and the Electronic premium cassette radion with 60 to 80 watts. Deleted for the year was the Graphic equalizer option and the older "premium sound system". I hope that this answers some questions. I know that there are some confusing options out there but from the factory you only had 4 including the delete option for 1993. This literature is very interesting and it includes all of the options and releated codes for all the pep packages the 240a 245a and the 249a. Take care. Chet
  • Thanks guys good info!!
  • my car came with a ford brand 10 disc cd player in the trunk, the remote say "sony" on it. dealer install maybe?
  • was any option available in the space under the radio?
  • my car came with a ford brand 10 disc cd player in the trunk, the remote say "sony" on it. dealer install maybe?

I don't know for sure but I think that is an accurate assumption. I don't have a 1993 Ford Accessories catalog but it might be listed in there.
    was any option available in the space under the radio?
    I don't think there was anything for 1993. In 1992, that's where the graphic equalizer was installed.
  • Hey guys just wanted to get back to all with some additional info regarding the radio options for 1993. After checking with the salesmans literature I have it indicates that the optional cd player was a option code 585 with a retail price of 629.00 and the am/fm cassette with premium sound was an option code 588 and retailed for 339.00. Pretty pricey for some sounds! As for under the radio for 1993 there was nothing there but a storage area. Hope this helps.. Chet
  • Hey one more note on John's reply regarding the 1993 accessories catalog. I have one and there was no radio availible through it. You could probably get a disc changer through your dealership though.