Mudflaps, bateries, window tint?

edited April 2010 in Feature Mustangs
So, I have seen cars with and without mudflaps which leads me to ask: Factory option, dealer option, or after-market?

Also, what does everyone think on window tint. I keep going back and forth on this one. I want to keep the car appearing stock (only change things that are not seen) but at the same time I want to protect the interior. Plus a white 93 would look good with dark windows I think.\

Does anyone know what battery the 93 cars came from the factory with?

Comments

• Mudflaps were not a factory option. They were available through the Ford accesories line and I suppose could have been dealer installed at an owners request. I always thought they looked cool on the Mustang and, in fact, installed them on my 91 when I purchased it new. I went with the Ford Motorsport ones. I have the same style on my feature car today with the FMS logo used in the early 90s. Honestly though, I wouldn't have installed them if a previous owner didn't already drill the holes.

I don't know about OE battery but my last few have been the Motorcraft BXT-58 which looks right at home.
  • Mudflaps can be a controversial subject when it comes to Foxes. Most people despise them. I think the general rule of thumb is if they aren't there already don't put them on. I also have the Motorsport flaps on my 92 but it had flaps on it when I bought it. To protect the interior, you can buy aerospace 303 which blocks uv rays. It is available readily on the web. Go to a Ford dealer and ask them what the correct replacement battery is for your car. I bought a Motorcraft Battery last weekend for my 86 GT and it was a BXT-56.
  • Mudflaps must be a northern thing. There is nothing that takes the sport out of a sports car more than something that only belongs on a truck. Well, the stainless steel vent visors on my FHP Mustang have the same effect. But that was how FHP outfitted their cars, so they stay.
  • Hey I have to agree. Pass on the mud flaps. Window tint is and individual choice.
  • Yikes, think about it, you could buy a 1992 Mustang, with Mudflaps and a Luggage rack! Scarrrrry... Nothing Screams Lebaron like a luggage rack.