More progress getting NADA to recognize the 93 feature cars

edited May 2010 in Feature Mustangs
I've been working with a contact at the NADA guide and he advised me that the 93 cars are now listed in the guide for 93. Unfortunately there has been some confusion and they listed the 93 as a subset of the 93 Cobra 'R'.

I am working with them to get it straightened out.

Getting closer:
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx? ... 72635&d=74

Comments

• More progress....

The 93 Feature car has it's own page now but they don't have values yet.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx? ... 4011&da=-1

Hopefully they will asses it somewhere near the 92 values.
  • Interesting. Thanks for the update. I wonder if they will assign a value now.

Another member of this site was involved in a similar discussion early this year and I got involved in the email chain. NADA was asking for used sales data of which I have the ebay auction history. A look at that for 2009 revealed a picture where we felt there wasn't enough data to come to a conclusion on value. First, it was narrowly focused on just one sales outlet and, second, we all know that 2009 was a good time to be buyer.

We replied that we didn't have enough sales data but that the 1993 cars would be similar in value to the 1992s that they already had listed and valued.

In early February they replied "We added the models to the data. I listed it with No Sales Data until we can see used sales."

It is very nice to see it getting a listing.
  • When I checked the value on the 1992 it didnt let me enter mileage. I thought that was odd
  • You can't pick options either. I guess under the classic cars the rules are different.
  • John,

You noted "We replied that we didn't have enough sales data but that the 1993 cars would be similar in value to the 1992s that they already had listed and valued."

I wonder where they gat their values for 1992 features? Just curious....

Kevin
  • I wonder where they [got] their values for 1992 features? Just curious....
    Don't know. I was surprised they would be asking at all. They must have all sorts of data at their disposal.

For reference, I've attached what I pulled together from my ebay auction history.