1993 Canary Yellow with White Top Floor Mat Question

edited September 2010 in Feature Mustangs
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me out. We have a '93 that came with the "original" floor mats... they seem to be outlined yellow ponies - not solid yellow. Is that correct? If not, should they be the solid yellow?

Does anyone know where I can get repros that don't cost both arms and legs? :lol:

Thanks in advance for the help.

Judi

Comments

• What are the part numbers on the back of the floor mats? Can you post some pics?

It might be that the thread broke during manufacture and QA did not catch the mistake. I would not expect both to be in error exactly the same way but it could be possible. Thread breaks in automated embroidery machines are pretty common.
  • btw there have been a set of yellow mats on ebay for $350 for a while. That's about the going price for NOS.
  • I have seen both mats ie: outlined yellow horse as well as solid yellow I think either are correct. One may have been a replacement mat via Ford at some time. They are getting quite hard to find.
  • I know from talking with Terry McCoy that his un-prepped yellow car has the solid yellow ponies so we definitely know that those came from the factory.
  • Thank you all for getting back to me! I had a fundraiser last night and am barely awake today, yet I must work... lol

I'll get the # and photos tonight or tomorrow night, I have to detail the car for a show here in Jersey this weekend... so it will be the perfect time to check out the floor mats more and get you all the info.

I very much appreciate your help and responses!
  • Just curious, where is the show this weekend? I also live in Jersey and spent some time last weekend at Atco's NMRA Nationals. I did not enter my feature but and did not see any in the show area.

Did see a 11 second 7-up with 20K miles. Pretty fast!!
  • Just curious, where is the show this weekend? I also live in Jersey and spent some time last weekend at Atco's NMRA Nationals. I did not enter my feature but and did not see any in the show area.

Did see a 11 second 7-up with 20K miles. Pretty fast!!

We'd love to have you!! No registration fee, just come as you are!

We have 2 7ups, 2 Yellow Features and a Red Feature attending, but there will be way over 100 Mustangs, and many others there. Here's a link to the thread about it on AFM - on a good night there are over 300 cars there:

Whiskey Cafe Show
  • My car came with the yellow outlined pony, as well. I have been seeking out proper replacement mats for 10 years, with no luck. There were 3 versions of the mats, but I have not many others with the yellow outlined mats.
  • Sorry to be getting back to you so late FlyinTiger.... I guess we're special then.... :lol: lololol I was detailing the car for a show and shine tonight - and remembered to get the pic of the floor mat... but I forgot to get the part number....

Photo09111513.jpg
  • Those match my original mats exactly. I have never seen a set available, so finding replacements will be extremely difficult. I purchased a slew of the yellow mats years ago, with none matching what I have. When my car returns to show condition, I will have to use the yellow/yellow mats due to the wear on my originals. Maybe I will get some custom made. My understanding is that Ford's patent is on the thread count, which is easy to alter.