Sigh....Looks like I might miss out on the whole Summer

edited June 2010 in Feature Mustangs
The guy I want to do the body work and paint on my 93 White car is still backed up. Now I can't even get it into the shop until Mid July (maybe). He is really good and has several top awards from the Good Guys shows over the years but he is retired and moves at a pretty slow pace. The damage is relatively minor but I don't like taking the car out with it showing less than perfect. Looks like I might just miss out on the whole summer of my first year of ownership.

Comments

• The old phrase "Good things come to those who wait" applies here. Focus on a major show for next year to unveil your car. Being 2011, MCA should be putting on a large anniversary show somewhere.
  • The old phrase "Good things come to those who wait" applies here. Focus on a major show for next year to unveil your car. Being 2011, MCA should be putting on a large anniversary show somewhere.

2011 ?????

The 45th anniversary show was last year in Alabama.
    Jerry
  • MCA hosts their own anniversary shows separate from the Mustang's anniversary. The first Barber show was an MCA Anniversary, not Mustang. They have hosted at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Atlanta Dragway, and Barber Motorsport Park. All great venues and world class Mustangs. No better place for an unveiling.
  • OK, was thinking wrong anniversary. My bad.

Given their financial status since their web site fiasco and a continuing low turn out this year at the National shows and not to mention the economy, not sure they will have the money unless they can get sponsors.
    I have been to 2 regionals including the one today and participation has been down about 20%, the National in Mustang OK. was down almost 40%. 2 weeks later though the Team Shelby Nationals in Tulsa OK. had close to a record number. For this area the Tulsa event is my favorite.

Still lots of good shows around here yet this year. OMC in Oklahoma City still has their big regional coming in September. Hopefully things will work out and you will be able to go to some events yet.
    Jerry
  • Good observation. It just goes to show that the public is beginning to care less and less about scoring points on a trailer queen and focusing on enjoying the experience of ownership. There are too many no mile cars out there to compete with a restored or low mile car. You just can't compete against them and expect to win. I, personally, focus my show schedule around events at tracks. These cars were meant to be driven and enjoyed. The track settings offer the security of running hard with minimal risk of error. And if error occurs, you typically have no one to blame but yourself.
  • I agree, most of the shows around here are the same ole cars and you never see them any where else but local shows, to afraid to drive them or get them dirty.

I have got to hand it to the Kansas City Club though. Their point system was based on how clear you kept your car. Being 17 years old and showing some wear and tear after 90,000 miles, I was shocked that I scored a 1st place. But I do think I had the cleanest engine compartment, :D even after driving it 210 miles to get there and a 260 mile trip the week before.

At an MCA National I would have been hammered on about the wear and tear. This is the reason I only go to their Nationals as a spectator. Even the 45th last year we entered as Display only, paid the money so we would have a good place to park. :D

Our own club here has grown a lot more since we have gotten away from a show format and do a lot more cruises, track and social events. It has almost doubled our membership.
    Jerry