Autocheck report from long closed eBay auction

edited July 2010 in For sale/wanted
Anyone know if it's possible to get an autocheck report off eBay from an auction that closed a long time ago?

http://www.triplewhitefox.com/mustang/a ... ultid=1487

I may have found this car for sale in another venue but I'm not sure. The current owner has not gotten back to me w/ the VIN yet so I was just checking to see if there was another way to skin the cat.

Comments

• Would this be the correct vin 1facp44e0nf166281?? I just plugged in the last 6 of the vin. Aren't the first part of the vin's the same? I don't know this for a fact but you could try this.
  • The full vin is 1FACP44E6NF166281. The check digit is what varies besides the last 6.

Here is the description from the auction:
    I am relisting the car due to the fact that it didn t meet the reserve previously...but a couple of you weren t to far away, just a few hundred dollars actually. I know what I will take for the car and now you do too. If it doesn t get a bid, I ll take the car to Birmingham, Alabama later this month and try there. I m willing to sell the car but not give it away. It can just continue to sit in the garage and be driven on nice days. I don t think you can find another car like this on line anywhere for this price/condition/mileage.

Hello and thanks for looking at my 1992 Mustang convertible. The car is being sold as is, where is. There is NO warranty expressed or implied. What you see is what you get...but you definitely won t be disappointed. I think the picture speak for themselves and everything else is in the discription below.

If the car doesn???t sell here on EBAY, I???ll be more then happy to drive it to the 45th Mustang Anniversary Show in Birmingham, Alabama this month and try selling it there. The only reason for selling this car is that I???ve recently bought a 1966 mustang and would like to put it in the garage here at the house instead of storing it off site???so no trades will be considered.

******Since the car is a 1992 model, banks typically won???t loan money on it. Please have financing in place PRIOR to bidding. This is not a bid, win and THEN see if you can come up with the money auction******

$$$$$$ A non-refundable deposit of $500 dollars is expected within 24 hours of winning via PAYPAL and the remainder due by either bank wire transfer or money order (preferable, because I like a paper trail). The final payment must clear MY bank prior to the car and title being released. Please allow up to 10 days before coming to get the car or sending a company for it. $$$$$$

If you have negative feedback or less then (5) total, please contact me before bidding or I will void your bid. I don???t have time to play games with those who have a history of poor transactions or new people who don???t truly understand what it means to enter into a large on-line purchase.

General information on the 1992 Vibrant Red Limited Edition Mustang Convertibles

Rare and Collectible Limited Edition Mustang Convertible - 1 of 2193 built. The Limited Edition convertible is known as the "Summer Special" or ???Feature Car???. All 2193 of the Summer Specials/Feature Cars built in 1992 were painted "Vibrant Red", a color only available for this car. It also had a white top and only available as a 5 point 0 liter V8 with either a T-5 five-speed manual or the 4-speed automatic. This car is an automatic.

The $850 package also included Color Keyed side moldings, mirrors, door trim and windshield frame while the trunk luggage rack was deleted and a rear spoiler was added. The 5 spoke 16x7" GT pony wheels were specially prepped by Superior Wheel Company in Kansas by applying an Opal Pearlescent paint over silver making the wheels white to compliment the white top and interior. The interior itself was also upgraded with white leather seats with black piping, black carpet, white door panels, white convertible boot top, a black Lori cloth headliner (which was a first for a Mustang) and a glass rear window

The 1992 Limited Edition mustang convertibles started production on 2-21-92 and ended on 7-24-92. Out of the 2193 produced, 2030 stayed in the US while 163 were exported. Of the 2193 total, 1406 were automatics and 787 were manual transmissions. Again, these numbers came from a display that I use for car shows that came from the previous owner and is included with the car.

Specific information on this 1992 Vibrant Red Limited Edition Mustang Convertible

This vehicle, 1FACP44E6NF166281 was the 17th of 61 limited edition convertibles built on 6-11-92 and was the 1600th of the 2193 total built (from the paperwork that I have). I purchased the car in September 2005 with 20,648 miles on it while stationed at Little Rock AFB, AR. The car currently has 46,843 (subject to change depending on the number of sunny days between now and when it sells). The car is garaged and currently located in Muskogee, OK (an hour South of Tulsa if you want to fly in and drive it home) and comes with a clear Oklahoma title.

Upgrades/changes/preventive maintenance

While the car remains mostly stock, there have been a few minor upgrades, changes and some preventive maintenance done over the years.
    - The car now sports Flowmaster mufflers and DOES retain the catalytic converters for those states that require smog testing.
    - The car has been lowered using Eibach springs along with new shocks and struts (approximately 6 months ago).
    - The car has the higher end, Steeda aluminum caster/camber plates.
    - The 5.0 and LX emblems have been removed for a cleaner look.
    - The car has Fuzion ZRI tires, 225/50/16 (Front) and 245/50/16 (Rear).
    - It has an aftermarket JVC CD player (the original radio does go with the car)
    - Rotors turned (front) with new brake pads with the back only needing to be adjusted (approximately 6 months ago when lowered)
    - New door actuators installed, both sides (this week)
    - A dual plug and chug drink holder that fits in the ash tray (not pictured but included)
    - New floor mats front and rear (approximately 6 months ago)
    - Inside door handle bezel (this week)
    - Regular oil changes

Items that will need attention sometime in the future
    - It will need new tires on it in the next year or two depending on how much you drive it. In the 3 ?? years I???ve owned the car, the miles averaged out to about 7600 a year???but I drove it on a daily bases for approximately 2 years which accounts for the majority of the miles I???ve put on it.
    - The convertible top has two very small holes (about 1/8th of an inch each)
    o A nickel was used to show approximate size (the picture with Heads is on the lower left hand side of the top about 4 ?? inches from the base. The tails picture is on the left hand side as well, approximately 6 inches from the front on top).
    - Last week, the air bag warning light came on. I took it to the local Ford dealership and it was diagnosed as an air bag sensor. The dealership didn???t have the sensor in stock and was going to have to order it. Part ($278) and labor ($35) for a total cost of $313. I took the cost into consideration when setting the price on the car verses taking the money out of pocket.

I???ve tried to be as honest as possible as I wish to keep my rating on EBAY at 100% and let potential buyers know exactly what they are bidding on. If you have any questions that I didn???t answer above, please email me. I will be out of town Wednesday evening through Sunday morning but I will have access to email. If you (or someone on your behalf) would like to come by and look at the car, take it for a test drive, etc., that can be arranged Sunday afternoon through the close of the auction Tuesday night.

Thanks again for looking and good luck.
    On Mar-24-09 at 22:07:55 PDT, seller added the following information:
    Forgot to mention...all of the VIN stickers are in place, i.e. both front fenders, both rear quarters panels, both doors, hood and trunk.
  • Thanks. For some reason I was not able to find the closed auction. Not sure it the car described above is the same as this car:

http://fortsmith.craigslist.org/cto/1825887327.html

Still waiting for the owner to get me the VIN. It's a few hours away so i can't just run by and check it out. Once I get the VIN and some detail pics if everything checks out I'll be getting my second feature (hopefully this weekend).
  • Thanks. For some reason I was not able to find the closed auction. Not sure it the car described above is the same as this car:
    Well, you won't find it on ebay since it is so old. My database grabs the description of every auction it is tracking. And the image. The car from the auction looks lower than the one on craigslist.

110371568007_1.jpg
  • Make sure to carfax/autocheck those miles.
  • Still waiting on the VIN and detail pics. This is hard, got money burning a hole in my pocket.

Also not sure about the paint. The pics on CL look less orange than other 92s I've seen pics of. I know the car on CL had some front end damage and was repaired but I don't know if they painted the whole car or not.

Red seams to be the hardest to reproduce accurately in pics on the web so I can't tell for sure from the pics on CL. I guess I'll know for sure once I can see the firewall and inner fenders.
  • So frustrating. They guy still has not gotten back to me with the VIN and detail pics. It's a 5 hour round trip so I don't want to go unless I'm sure this is the one. Every time I call he tells me his daughter is supposed to send the info (not a computer guy himself). Still I wait.

On another note, 'Cash for Clunkers' has completely thrown the used car marked out of whack. I found this car on a search for a car for my daughter. It's almost impossible to find a decent car under 100k miles for less then 5 grand. All the more reason I am interested in this feature.

Anyone in the Ft Smith area want to go take a look for me (just don't buy out from under ;-)
  • Finally got the VIN and as I suspected the OD rolled over almost 8 years ago.  Car has ~150k miles at this time.  He told me he would take $3500 but for me that's just too much.  Also looking at the cars history and knowing the previous owner was this guys cousin I think he knows about the rollover and did not report it in his add.  All the more reason to walk away.

Car in Ft Smith is NOT the car in the registry or in the eBay auction last year.