How many's left?

edited January 2011 in Feature Mustangs
Does anyone ever think how many of these cars are left in existance?I often wonder how many has already been CRUSHED.

Comments

• I get people asking me this question regarding the 7-Up Cars all the time. It would be nice to know, but there is just no way to get that kind of information.
  • DMV, May have some info. Of course im sure it would be considered TOP SECRET.
  • Even if the DMV could mine that sort of data all they would be able to tell you would be how many 93 verts are on the road but not how many feature cars.
  • I guess we will never know.
  • I wish there was a way to know
  • One way to "indirectly tell" is the price going up on the survivors. I haven't spotted a feature car on the road--I've only been looking though for a couple of years.
  • I've only seen 1 other Feature here in my hometown in the past 2.5 years & believe it or not it was at a Pawn Shop on pawn.
  • There is a fellow in Langcaster OH with a Triple white on CL and he is claiming:
    "Car is very rare. 1 of 1049 produced. Registrys only show approx 400 still on the road. "

So I asked him where he got that figure and LOL he referred to this site! I informed him that he was mistaken and asked that he update his add. No doubt he will not and the poor sucker that buys his car w/o research will further perpetuate a myth.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/2157989065.html
  • Registrys only show approx 400 still on the road
    Registry
    1992 - 67 cars
    1993 - 224 cars

ebay auctions
    1993 - 380 unique VINs
    1992 - 178 unique VINs

I just think that many feature car owners aren't coming to this site and/or aren't registering their cars. But, concluding that since we only have 400 cars registered means only 400 on the road is not a sound reasoning.

This is a perfect opportunity to mention my winter project. I have spent the last of couple of weeks working on the registry. I previously needed to update the statistics through a fairly manual process. Now, registrations are directly added to a database. Once I review them I just set a flag that makes them get included in the stats. I was about 40 registrations behind in my updating and am now almost done.

An interesting fact - one of my remaining updates is a 1993 yellow/black car that was relocated to an Alaskan island.
  • I spotted a RED feature at this tiny Ford dealership (Jarnigan Ford) on Wed, not for sale though, customer's car. That's the first RED one I've ever seen here in my hometown. They are a very RARE BREED around my neck of the wood's. of any color