Sighted: 92 vibrant red with MD tags in I-95 yesterday

edited August 2010 in Feature Mustangs
HOwdy folks!

Been MIA for a while.

Yesterday the Ms and I were driving back from virginia beach and I stumbled upon a VERY nice vibrant red limited ed. stang. This was in virginia along I-95 northbound about 2 hrs south from DC. I wanted to see if the person was already in the club. The car was in pristine shape and had some of that blue protective tape in the front end.

PS if it is one of you guys here (and I sure hope so) I was the guy in the red BMW 850 who slowed down and was gawking at the stang :lol:

Comments

• That was me in my 1992. I was on my way back from the MCA show in Virginia Beach. I received a gold in the concours driven class. I have worked really hard on my the car to get it into the shape it is in and was not only glad to get a gold, but also very pleased with the response the car got from other owners and and show attendees. There were 3 Feature Cars there, all 92's. There was an original owner who has 90,000 miles on his car. He is from Ohio and his name is Porter Wallace. Porter's car shows like a 50,000 mile car. I do not think I have ever seen original leather look like his with those miles. Barry Anderson was also there with his 92. He was in the display at Carlisle with John a few years back. This was my first MCA show, and it was a great experience. Next year there is an MCA show on Long Island and a Grand National show in Waldorf, MD. Thanks for the kind words on my car as well.
  • That was me in my 1992. I was on my way back from the MCA show in Virginia Beach. I received a gold in the concours driven class. I have worked really hard on my the car to get it into the shape it is in and was not only glad to get a gold, but also very pleased with the response the car got from other owners and and show attendees. There were 3 Feature Cars there, all 92's. There was an original owner who has 90,000 miles on his car. He is from Ohio and his name is Porter Wallace. Porter's car shows like a 50,000 mile car. I do not think I have ever seen original leather look like his with those miles. Barry Anderson was also there with his 92. He was in the display at Carlisle with John a few years back. This was my first MCA show, and it was a great experience. Next year there is an MCA show on Long Island and a Grand National show in Waldorf, MD. Thanks for the kind words on my car as well.
    Hey just curious about next years MCA shows. Did they announce them? I checked the web site and had no news. Just wanting the details. Thanks.
  • Congrats on bringing home the GOLD.
  • MCA shows next year are in Jacksonville, Dallas, Long Island and the Grand National is in Waldorf, MD (DC area) on Labor Day weekend.
  • That was me in my 1992. I was on my way back from the MCA show in Virginia Beach. I received a gold in the concours driven class.
    Nice job! That's a great accomplishment.
    Barry Anderson was also there with his 92. He was in the display at Carlisle with John a few years back.
    Last I knew Barry was thinking seriously about selling that car. That was last year I'd guess. I'm glad he stuck with it.
  • Congrats on your GOLD !
  • Congrats on the gold. I will have to check out the Long Island show next year. Should be fun!
  • We'll meet up and go together!

Anton

Congrats on the Gold! The car looks like it deserved it...i tell ya I saw it from afar and immediatelly recognized the bright red paint!

By the by...didn't you say you had your top replaced? I really need to get the top replaced on my stang. I have the top and was going to do it my self...but time seems to be an issue. I was wondering if you could recomend a good shop to get it done here in MD.

Oh, and im definatelly down for the Waldorf show next yr!
  • Very cool story. And funny to see that a "random" sighting on the road was actually car show related. Very rare to see features on the road.
  • Now it appears you are selling your car on ebay?