Cleaning top

I just recently purchased a 93 Triple White with 50k and in mint condition, I have never owned a convertible before and or a Mustang and it sure is fun to drive. The top has a couple spots that are slightly discoloured and looking for some tips on how to clean it properly. Would greatly appreciate any feed back on this.

Thank you
Chris

Comments

• Mother's makes a great convertible top cleaner, which is used with a brush. I use a good horsehair brush. Each spring, I give the top a good cleaning with the Mother's. During the season, I condition the top with 303 Aerospace Protectant. I lay a good coat on the top using a piece of old t-shirt, then leave it to soak for at least an hour. Then I go over the top with a clean microfibre to remove the excess. Using the 303 a few times each season keeps the top supple and also keeps the dirt from getting embedded into the fabric. I've even found that spot cleaning is possible with 303 and a microfibre.
  • I think Stangfan might have a better method. I've used Raggtop cleaner and protectant. Seems to work ok. The stains are hard to get out though.