I'm Back Finally...

edited October 2010 in Feature Mustangs
Hi all,

Sorry not to have posted in some time - life has gotten more hectic for us.

A while ago, I bought some weatherstripping for the driver side of my '93 and never could find the time to install it. Anyway, the other day, the rear window motor died, so I brought my car to Tasca Ford (home of Tasca Racing) and they ordered the new motor. While the car was in, I had them install the weatherstripping, which they did for nothing since they're going to make a fair profit on the window motor replacement. As it turns out, the weatherstripping I bought from Latemodel Restoration Supply was for a hard top, so the guy at Tasca had to do a cut and paste, which came our perfectly. The moral in the story is that if you ever buy weatherstripping, be sure to specify that it is for the convertible and you shouldn't have a problem.

Hope to post again soon...

Take care,
frankenstang

Comments

• Hey sorry for not posting sooner. I gotta give some love to the other yellow features out there. Glad to hear you are keeping your ride in tip-top shape. Take care.
  • I'm trying, twocarnuts, but seeing your post reminded me I haven't been very faithful at logging on to TWF lately. Life has a way of keeping us from doing what we really want to do sometimes...

Recently, I noticed that the passenger side door on my yellow '93 has start squeeking on bumpy roads. I don't drive it much, but it's become annoying, especially at lower speeds when the wind doesn't block it out. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,
    frankenstang
  • You may want to check the door striker. It is possible the bushing has fallen off or it may need slight adjusting to get your door to fit tighter. Other than that, you window mechanism may be moving within the door shell. PITA to get to though. I would turn the radio up. :D
  • Thanks, FlyinTiger... I'll take a closer look to see if anything looks like it's missing. In the meantime, I ALWAYS keep the radio up! :)
  • Hey! Welcome back :-)

Its been quiet in here lately
  • Yeah, I noticed there hasn't been much activity, VibrantChick. Unfortunately, a lack of time has prevented me from doing much playing on the Internet or with my car.

Is everyone preparing for the upcoming winter months? I'm almost afraid to start my '93 because we have some major mice problems out here. We've been told to use moth balls in a pan underneath the engine and that seems to be helping, but we'll have to see...

Take care,
    Frankenstang