Maintenance or modification…

edited November 2010 in Feature Mustangs
This is more of a comment than a question.

My 93 triple white is in overall good condition for a teenager with 60,000 miles, however it is showing some wear hear and there. Example, my seat foam (drivers side) is noticeably degraded when compared to the passengers side (lots of use = smiles), while it is not ripped yet, it is showing wear and some cracks. But this is a discussion for another day.

I live here in the NE and soon it will be time to put the car in hibernation for the winter. I knew the car was in need of new tires, but my alignment must have been out as that the front right tire was worn on the inside.

OK new tires and alignment. As I was looking I noticed the right side was hanging lower than the left and the strut was showing signs of oil (or something) on it. OK, bad strut, weak spring, or ?

OK so I decided to bight the bullet and address the following items:
New Front Struts
New Rear Shocks
New Springs (all four)
New Tires and alignment

As I thought on the question of ford parts, performance upgrades and basic off the shelf LKQ parts; I realized I needed to make a decision. The decision was as follows:
Front Struts = KYB GR-2
Rear Shocks = KYB GAS-A-JUST SHOCK ABSORBER
New Springs = Ford Racing M-5300-b (lowered the car about 1 inch
New Tires = 225 – 55 – R 16 V rated Goodyear Eagle GT’s

OK, so the car is a little lower (but looks good) and handles like it is new! I can not get over how much better the car drives. The only bad news is the overall cost, but considering the drive quality – it was worth it. The way the 93 drives now reminds me of how my 89LX 5.0 Coupe drove the day I picked it up new at the dealer.

Hmmm, what to fix/improve next… I think it will be the seats. ;-)

Comments

• Just hit one thing at a time and enjoy your ride!!!
  • I have been noticing that my ride quality is pretty bad these days. I already have new tires on it. I think I may end up doing the same suspension in the spring.

white6468, how does your car ride with the new springs/shocks?

I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my 95 Mustang but I would like to stay as close to original Ford equipment as possible on my Feature so I am strongly considering the B springs.
  • If you don't mind the slightly lower ride, but a similar ride quality, purchase a set of Bullitt/Mach 1 springs. Work great with the right stance.