'92 Limited Edition Factory Tires

edited December 2010 in Feature Mustangs
Bought a '92 Limited Edition in July w/29k miles. Original except for battery, tires, shocks & struts. Had to part with my '08 GT/CS convertible at that time, as I am only allowed one Mustang at a time. Miss the heated seats.

Plan to show car as "Concours-Driven" at MCA shows and don't know what tires were originaly installed at the factory.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• You'll get a more exact answer from someone else--most were goodyear "gatorbacks," but some had Michelins. The goodyears are obsolete and if an original set ever come up for sale, expect to pay buku money to acquire them--I think there was a set on ebay 1-2 years ago for over $1000. Even then, I would think due to age, you couldn't drive on them--would be show only.
  • Search the site....this was discussed a year or 2 ago. I think the word is the tires are not available and as goskate said, if they are original that would make them 18 years old. If you plan on driving it, I would not recommend putting them on.
  • I personally would go with the best (z) rated Michelin.
  • What ever you want in tires are OK as long as they are the exact (correct) tire size that matches your door post sticker.
  • What ever you want in tires are OK as long as they are the exact (correct) tire size that matches your door post sticker.

I think he's looking for concours correct
  • Here is what I found. Unrestored and Thououghbred are the TOUGH Classes. Last spring at P"cola ( Concours Driven) they were only interested on correct size.

1979 - 1993 MUSTANG CONCOURS TRAILERED / DRIVEN

K. Tires: Proper size & speed rating for year and model. Unrestored and Thoroughbred class must have same brand, size & speed rating as original. See tire decal ..........