Chrome pony center caps

edited December 2010 in For sale/wanted
I was getting new tires for my daughters Mustang today (98 vert) and saw a set of original Ford chrome pony center caps in a display case. I only saw one original Ford box with the set but all 4 where together and have Ford part numbers. Dino collects a lot of odds and ends and the guy that was helping me did not know anything about them but they are for sale.

If anyone needs them call and talk to Dino and he will make you a good deal. He's a good guy and we get all our tire and wheel service there.

Dino's Tire and Wheel
5920 E Admiral Place, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
918-838-3807

Comments

• Tough find. Will check out.
  • Just called on set. Priced at $200.00 plus shipping.
  • Offer him $150 and see what happens.
  • I will. I would be interested at that price.
  • I have not been back on that side of town for a while. Did anyone get these?
  • I made the offer but they were firm on the price. Then a few weeks later my brother in law called them and offered 175 and they stood on the 200 mark. No big deal. Thanks.
  • Good to know. I'm in there once or twice a year so I may just keep trying at $150 and maybe I'll hit him on a good day.
  • It is right before the holidays now. This might be the time to try making another offer.

Maybe he visits here too, and waches for updates when people talk about them.

I have seen entire sets of chrome Ponys for sale for anywhere from $300.00 to $500.00. One set someone is asking $1,000.00 for, with tires. That price is too high for me. Before I bought the '93 last week I had no need for any spare Chrome Ponys but I will be looking soon.

I found a set of original white Ponys to have as spares for $275.00 with 3 good center caps. Before that I found a New-Old-Stock white Pony wheel, still in the box, for $100.00. I like the originals from 1992 to 1993 though, with the correct period date stampings on the wheels in the lug nut area of the wheels. The original white Pony wheels on my 1992 Feature convertible are dated around the week of the car's production date.
  • There's 2 huge FOX BODY (sales/ parts) lots, here in my home town. They can get about any part that you may need or the complete car. They had a 1993 cobra ( r ) up 4 sale last week. Very Rare around here!!!
  • What are the names of the companies?
  • performancemustangparts.com is one,/ the other is Mustang Performance Kodak TN. They both are located within 10 miles of one another.