LRS Feature Car leather

edited January 2011 in Feature Mustangs
Click on your year in link....they have the feature car leather kits and headrests. Most likely not 100% correct. I am purchasing two kits for my cars. Will let you know how they look and turn out.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/pro ... Upholstery

Comments

• looks good. Hope it's a good match.
  • Do a quick search on this site for seats. These covers I believe came up in the past and that the leather "pattern" did not match the factory. Also note that the picture of the piping, the piping is really large. I have seen these covers before and it is really noticable.

When I had my seats re-done, my installer found a kit that had the smaller piping. Actually he was the one that originally noticed that the LMR seats had the thicker piping and suggested we look for other manufactuers.

Good luck with your re-do!
  • Ok, I did a quick search as I remembered around the time I had the seats done. Here is a pretty detailed discussion we had on them. Nice pictures too!

http://www.triplewhitefox.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/266

I got a kick out of looking at my car when it first was done. As of today, the seats look great and have held up well. I only need to give them a little cleaning as I noticed that my jeans would leave a very slight blue tint. I guess back in 92 acid wash jeans were all of the rage and did not leave any "color" on the seats!!!!
  • Many of us will be awaiting the results--please update. :)
  • Glad my old post could help!

Anton
  • Do a quick search on this site for seats. These covers I believe came up in the past and that the leather "pattern" did not match the factory. Also note that the picture of the piping, the piping is really large. I have seen these covers before and it is really noticable.

When I had my seats re-done, my installer found a kit that had the smaller piping. Actually he was the one that originally noticed that the LMR seats had the thicker piping and suggested we look for other manufactuers.

Good luck with your re-do!

I'm confused by your posts. Your link to the other thread says you used TMI--which is the company listed on LRS. I'm guessing the LRS kit (which is made by TMI) is currently using the same material you used to replace yours...? Or am I missing something?
  • Actually I was going to go the TMI route but that is when my installer mentioned the issue with the black piping. Back when I was looking in 2009 the black piping on the TMI kit was thicker then the stock piping. In my opinion it was noticable enough that I was not happy with it. My installer made a bunch of phone calls (he seems to know everyone) and came back stating that he found a company (Autocraft Interiors out of Ludlow MA) that uses the same sized piping as the factory. He also confirmed the leather was the same pattern as the factory.

We ordered the kit from the Autocraft. When it came in, as luck would have it, he had another Fox in the shop with a customer supplied TMI kit. We compared my Autocraft kit to the TMI kit and the piping on mine was factory size while the TMI was thicker. My installer also pointed out that the construction of the Autocraft kit was better made. He showed me how mine was double stitched where the wires ran and the TMI's were not. Nothing against the TMI kit, only real issue I had was the piping was thicker.

I had him order the kit and install it. You could always reach out to him to see if he could order a kit for you if you can not order it from the manufacturer. His name is Sam and you would need to tell him about my feature. He should remember me as we went back and forth on the piping issue. Mention the black piping, red mustang with white top (which he also installed) and he should remember me. His website is http://www.moorestownupholstery.com/.