under hood light

edited January 2011 in Feature Mustangs
I noticed that my under-hood light was not working so I checked the bulb and it looks good. Then I used a test light and tested the power. Nothing. On closer inspection I noticed that the wire that carries juice to the light was not connected to anything. There is a connector at the firewall end of the hood that is just off by itself. I've looked and I can't seem to locate any joining connector that is not in place. Does anyone know where the light gets it's power from?

Comments

• Found it. It was tucked up under the wiper motor cover.
  • Make sure its off when hood is closed !
  • yea, it goes off when I lower the hood. Have people had problems with that?
  • Some have said it says on and drains the battery. I just leave mine unplugged unless I need it ;-)
  • it was going off but since I had bat problems right after that fix I decided to keep it disconnected anyway. Not sure it that was the real problem but at least now it won't ever be a problem. Since it was disconnected when I bought it that leads me to believe the previous owner may have thought the same thing.
  • I'm sure mine goes off when the hood is lowered. I don't keep a bulb in the socket, cause I always forget it's there when I do a car show. By the time I remember to pull it at a show, it's too darn hot. The bulb lives in my glovebox.
  • I keep mine in the console !