Wheel Collision Center

edited March 2011 in Feature Mustangs
I gave up on ever finding a reasonably priced set of NIB pony wheels so I decided to go with Wheel Collision Center and order some referbs. I already have one referb from WCC because when I bought the car one wheel was beyond repair.

Their 'Arctic White' is a perfect match to my other wheels and the center caps. They are not 100% correct because they paint both the inside and outside of the wheel but since I'm not showing in concourse this does not really matter to me.

referb wheels with exchange are $150 each w/o center caps. $175 w/o exchange. I am debating if I want to keep my originals or get the $25 core credit. They will also referb your own wheels and ship them back for $150 + shipping.

Comments

• Keep your originals...they are date coded and part number specific. The dates I believe are in the lug area of the wheels. More than likely Wheel Collision Center refinishes F1 argent pony wheels and sends them out. Your original wheels will have an F3 part number specific to the 1993 TWF. Glad to hear they match good. I spoke with a man Porter Wallace who owns a real nice high mileage 92 Feature at an MCA show last summer and he had his pearl rims done at a shop in Ohio called Law Brothers. They were a 100% correct match, wheels and caps.
  • My understanding is that the F3 part number is a label inside the wheel and not cast in the aluminum like the F1 part number. So original NIB wheels will have both the F1 and F3 part number anyway and I'm sure that most road wheels have lost the label in any case. When I swap mine out I may try to preserve the labels if they are still there.

Since my car is not 100% concourse correct I won't be showing in that class anyway. I've already added subframe connectors and changed the exhaust. My goal is to keep it appearing stock to a casual observer but under close under carriage inspection it would not pass.

I would have loved to have a set of the original NIB wheels that some folks have horded but could not find any at a reasonable price. For $500 I'll have referbed ardent wheels that look better than my used originals.

If I ship my originals back I'll get a core exchange. If the price from WCC included return shipping I'll prob send them back but if I have to pay for return shipping I'll prob keep them as a backup.
  • My originals are in storage but I am virtually sure they didn't have the label with the F3 part number. My NOS replacements had such a poorly applied sticker that I doubt that it would last if you drove the car.

F3ZC-1007-EA_back.jpg