what do you guys use to protect or care for the conv. top?

edited April 2011 in Feature Mustangs
Well, my feature stang has a nice new top with the correct off-white colour. It has been ok weather and It's so tempting to drop the top, but I want to wait a ilttle bit more until it streches properly.

In any case, that brings me to my question. Is there anything you guys use on the tops to either protect them or keep them cleaner? In our case, we are 'blessed' with a white top, so things like leaves or flowers from even the cherry trees may stain or leave a mark on the tops.

Any suggestions?

a few pix of the new top (altho the car is filthy dirty).

04042011056.jpg

04042011049.jpg

04042011055.jpg

Comments

• after researching this a few years back:

raggtop vinyl cleaner to clean

raggtop vinyl protectant to condition

I used to use a UV protectant that came in a green bottle (something 2000, can't remember name) for another convertible--but that was a black top. It came out yellow and I didn't want to chance discoloring the white.
  • Luis, your top looks great! I second the use of Raggtop.
  • Wish mine was new,, but in the mean time I use Raggtopp cleaner and protectant and am happy with it !
    thanks my friend, i'm planning on taking the stang to carlisle this year...hope to see ya there.

Thanks to all for the replies, i'll look for that raggtop stuff and start using it. Yesterday we had nice weather and I couldnt help my self...had to put the top down...all is working as it should.

Next step for the stang...new headlights to replace my nasty yellow ones!
    thanks my friend, i'm planning on taking the stang to carlisle this year...hope to see ya there.

Thanks to all for the replies, i'll look for that raggtop stuff and start using it. Yesterday we had nice weather and I couldnt help my self...had to put the top down...all is working as it should.

Next step for the stang...new headlights to replace my nasty yellow ones!

Before dropping the $ on headlights--I'd try the headlight restorer kits (like Meguiar's). Cheaper fix--did this on my '91 and was impressed with the results--not perfect, but worth the $
  • Did the same thing with my lights and they came out great. I also used them on my other cars, even thought they were not yellowing, it really cleared them up.
  • so i'll try summit for some of that Raggtop vynil cleaner & the protectant, and I'll try the mcguiars headlight kit first before replacing the headlights.

I'll order today since a freaking bird already decided to do 'its thing' on my top [X-(] !!