Sold my Triple White

edited May 2011 in Feature Mustangs
Hey Folks,

First, I want to thank John and everyone else for all of the incredible support and advice since April of 2007 when I purchased my TWF. Bringing the car back to near-perfection was a labor of love, and I could not have done it without the assistance of each and every one of you.

Back in February, I got an opportunity to purchase a car I've loved since the day it was released, a 2008 Shelby GT Convertible. Back in 2008, I could not have even fathomed being able to afford to buy it new, and although they're rare and still selling used for a pretty high price, I got it for less than half the original MSRP and literally feel like I stole it. I found it at a Ford Dealership in a VERY rural part of Maryland, it had a little less than 20K miles and it had been on the lot since August of 2010. It probably didn't hurt that they were a ROUSH authorized and knew VERY little about Shelbys.

It is loaded with every factory Ford option available, plus a few nice Shelby installed options beyond the standard SGT package. I had it VERY thoroughly checked out and brought it home on February 23rd.

At first, I had really wanted to keep both, but ultimately it just didn't make sense financially or logistically, so with a heavy heart, I decided to sell her.

This past Saturday, I handed the keys to my Triple White over to her new owner. He's a real nice guy from Southern Jersey, and when I told him about this site and the wonderful people here, and he said he would be sure to check it out. He also agreed to my prerequisite for the sale, a promise that he would take good care of her, which I really appreciated.

Hopefully, you folks don't mind if I still lurk around the forums a bit and even drop a note now and then...

Thanks again!
Anton (Cougster)

P.S. Here's my new baby:

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

Comments

• First, I want to thank John and everyone else for all of the incredible support and advice since April of 2007 when I purchased my TWF. Bringing the car back to near-perfection was a labor of love, and I could not have done it without the assistance of each and every one of you.
    Anton, thanks to you as well. Through your contributions here you have provided us with a lot of support as well. You are one of our most active members and it will be a loss to have you go. But, your new ride looks great. I hope it brings your many years of enjoyment and good drives!
  • Thanks John!

I'll be around, and I think I'm going to head to Carlisle for the day on Saturday (minus the car), so I'll look you all up then...

Anton
  • Beautiful Shelby. Enjoy it.
  • Best of luck with the new ride.. Great color combo by the way.
  • Thanks! I thought so too (I happen to be a Dallas Cowboys fan!)

Anton
  • UGG, you just ruined that color for me forever!!!!

Besides the Cowboy colors, it is a great car. I was always more of a fan of the GT as it was actually built in the Shelby facility in Las Vegas, like the original 65-66's. The GT500's are great cars and I love to own one, but are built in MI along side regular Mustangs and a Shelby tag is put on it. Yours actually rolled through Shelby's building where he could have been over seeing things the day your car passed by.

I always enjoyed your post. Hopefully I see your car around here as I am alsoin South Jersey. I will let you know if he kept up his deal to keep her nice!!!