Originality

Hi all,

I haven't been on in a while because life has been crazy the past few months, but I am hoping to get feedback about maintaining the originality of my '93. The radiator has developed a leak that I'm told can be repaired, but the cost to do so is nearly the same to have a new aluminum radiator installed. Any thoughts about whether putting in a new radiator will negatively impact the value of the car?

Thanks much,
Frankenstang

Comments

• Have the ORIGINAL repaired.
  • Fix it... Your car is so low mile you want to retain that radiator...
  • Thanks for the feedback, kechme93 and twocarnuts - I appreciate it. It turns out that the guy who tried to sell me and install a new radiator was only interested in making a sale. He got upset when I told him I am planning to have my original radiator fixed.
    Frankenstang
  • I believe that is the right decision
    My 2 cents !
  • I had this same problem few weeks ago only the radiator shop said it was un repairable. So I had to go with a replacement. I still have the original any ideas or know where I can get an OEM?
  • frankenstang,

I just went through the same thing this spring. See my post here:

http://www.triplewhitefox.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/4204/#Comment_4204

Mine was also unrepairable (full of corrosion). I could get an OEM style one but it was really expensive. In the end I got the copper brass one from Mustangs Unlimited. It looks and works great.
  • Thanks for all of the good advice - I'm going to look into fixing the leak and keeping my original radiator. To the person who asked about getting an OEM radiator, from what I've heard, Mustangs Unlimited might be a good place to start.

Thanks again...

frankenstang