Marti reports

edited December 2011 in Feature Mustangs
Just browsed through my copy of the Dec. 2011 Mustang Monthly and saw an article on the availability of Marti reports for 87-93 Ford vehicles. Has anyone ordered or is planning to order theirs? I haven't yet and am wondering if it is worth the $40.

Comments

• Got mine on order,,, should come in any day ! Will let you know how it comes out.
  • Definitely--please post a photo of them--I'd really like to see this.
  • Please let us know.. I have been waiting for them to release the 93 info for a long time.
  • I know of a lot of people that recently ordered these, were told they'd be at their doors this past week, but still a no-show. I don't know whether they were swarmed with people wanting them, but there is a delay in case anyone orders one. I'm waiting a bit just for the hustle and bustle to pass, then I'll order a few of them.
  • You are correct Joe,,, Mine was to be here the 17th (their estimate not mine) but is still not here ! Hope it is worth the wait,,, wil let everyone know.

JOEL
  • Marti report came in today ! It's very nice looking, great information ,, well done.! Great color with Ford licensed symbol ! No complaints! I like all the paper work I can get for my LX.
    With that said the free Ford C.R.C. report has the same info. and looks ??? as good .
  • But, the Ford version does not supply you the ability to get reproduction door stickers, for the cars that have been in accidents. Post it up, we all want to see.
  • Will try that one more time !
  • Here are 92LX's scans:

92LXBuildSheet.jpg

92LXMartiReport.jpg
  • Thanks John for your help !
    Just a note,,, These scans do not do the Marti Report justice in looks when its on quality paper .
    Joel
  • 1,722 with these engine/trans codes? 5spd manual trans? That doesn't make sense.

That being said. I like it!
  • That did not sound right with me either,,, 787 ( I believe )
    with 5 speed.
  • Thanks John for your help !
    Just a note,,, These scans do not do the Marti Report justice in looks when its on quality paper .
    Joel
    No problem.
    That did not sound right with me either,,, 787 ( I believe )
    with 5 speed.
    Since we are applying a critical eye, I'll pass along something that Ron E. who frequents this site pointed out. There is actually a spelling error on it. Bonus points for finding it.
  • actualy....good eye Ron.
  • Well,,, after seeing it-- What do you think ?
  • Well,,, after seeing it-- What do you think ?
    I'd be putting my order in if I could make sense of the engine/transmission code numbers.
  • I'd be putting my order in if I could make sense of the engine/transmission code numbers.
    After thinking about this for a little bit and looking at another Marti report (thanks, noac) I have two observations:
    1. This is not the first time 'actually' was misspelled on a Marti report.
    2. Most importantly, 1722 is not representing the number with this engine/trans within the 2193 cars with this paint code (feature cars) but within all 1992 Mustang LX convertibles.

In an attempt to validate the reasonableness of this number, I did a quick survey of Mustang production stats through Google:
    23,470 1992 Mustang convertibles
    6,606 1992 Mustang LX 5.0 convertibles
    5,823 1992 Mustang GT convertibles

So maybe it is correct?
  • Interesting--so perhaps that number of total lx 5.0 manuals that year? I get it.
  • Just received the Marti Report for my '92 Limited Edition. Have a question to anyone with more knowledge than I about these cars. My Marti Report, the Ford "Hot Sheet" and the report I received from Ford Consumers group says the exterior color is "Performance Red". The dealer promotional brochure calls the color "Vibrant Red". And "Vibrant Red" seems to be the name that most owners and user groups use.

What is the correct name for the paint?
  • Just received the Marti Report for my '92 Limited Edition. Have a question to anyone with more knowledge than I about these cars. My Marti Report, the Ford "Hot Sheet" and the report I received from Ford Consumers group says the exterior color is "Performance Red". The dealer promotional brochure calls the color "Vibrant Red". And "Vibrant Red" seems to be the name that most owners and user groups use.

What is the correct name for the paint?
  • Nice reports but you have to do your own homework to determine the true value. Example: there were 1500 last year 1993 feature cars. of that amount only 113... Yes..113 were Yellow/White/5 Speeds and today only "9" remain alive that are all original!
  • What is the correct name for the paint?
    I answered the question recently in email on why this site has settled on Vibrant Red.
    I think my naming choice (Vibrant over Performance) is somewhat a matter of (my) preference. EY is the correct feature car paint code and, true, it is often referred to as Performance Red in Ford literature. ES was not offered in 1992 and is commonly referred to as Vibrant Red. I think its use started in 1993.

I have settled on calling the color of the red feature cars Vibrant Red because that was what was stated on the window sticker.

I think you could technically say either name was correct for your color. I have found the variations in paint color naming confusing and have tried to sort it out by studying various Ford literature.
  • Performance Red IS THE "REAL" name for it if you go to the paint shop to buy it. Vibrant Red is the "nickname" because the red is so "Vibrant".
    Someone correct me if I"m wrong.
  • Interesting. I contacted Ford CRC to get my copy of the 'free' FORD document and this is the email I got back:

Hi Bill,

My name is Phoebe and I am from Ford's Customer Relationship Center (CRC).  I appreciate that you contacted our department regarding your request for a build sheet of your 1993 Ford Mustang LX.

I hope you are doing fine today, Bill.  I understand that you are looking to get the original build sheet of your 1993 Mustang LX.  I would like to assist you by referring you to the right website.

Please be advised that you can order a build sheet online at the Shop Ford Gear website.  You have the option to order a Basic Build Sheet or a Deluxe Build Sheet.  Please note that a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is required to place an order.  Build sheets for model years 1990 to 1967 vehicles may take 4-6 weeks to retrieve the information from our systems.

Shop Ford Gear:  www.shopfordgear.com

U.S. residents without Internet access who want to order a Build Sheet can contact our supplier HELM's customer support at 1-877-247-0195.

I would like to add that a Basic Build Sheet will detail your vehicle's "as built" options:  Model year, Manufacturing plant name and location, Body style, Build date, Engine size, Consecutive unit serial number, Transmission description, Rear axle ratio and description (locking or non-locking), Tire size, Exterior paint color and code, Interior trim color, Interior options , any other option information available; while a Deluxe Build Sheet will include all available production figures in addition to the Basic Build Sheet information.

Again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist a valued and loyal customer such as yourself.  Take care.

Sincerely,
    Phoebe
    Customer Relationship Center
    Ford Motor Company
  • The fact that FORD is now selling this data is probably why we can no longer get the Feature Car info from Terry McCoy.
  • Thanks for the info.

Have seen it both ways on the Build Sheets from Ford and in their promotional materials in early 1992 for the Feature cars .

Anyone seen a BX 58C battery for this car or can point me to a possible source. Need not work.

Ray C
  • Thanks for the info.

Have seen it both ways on the Build Sheets from Ford and in their promotional materials in early 1992 for the Feature cars .

Anyone seen a BX 58C battery for this car or can point me to a possible source. Need not work.

Ray C
  • Cool, I'll have to look into one for myself.
  • I just looked up the deluxe report on the Marti site for my 7-Up. I noticed that they want to e-mail the report rather than mailing it. It costs an extra $4 for them to mail it. Any thoughts on getting it as a PDF file?

Thanks.
  • I did both the email and let them send it by mail. The pdf file printed well, I did one to gloss paper and one on card stock, both look good.
    The one by mail shows the Ford official licensed product "hologram" ,, that you really can not see on the printed copy.

I am very well pleased !

My two cents !!!!!