93 Feature Yellow/White and 5 Speed

edited December 2011 in Feature Mustangs
113 were made with these options and my research shows only 9 remain as original.

Comments

• Only 9 remain as original? Okay, I have to ask; how did you come to this number?
  • Hey I'm curious as well..
  • I did web research for 14 months. I used this site and yellow mustang registry and also sent out 225 emails to possible owners and also tracked every Ebay car that was Y/W/5spd for sale since 2008. Results show only "9" original and by original I mean ALL original except maintenance items such as tune ups, tires, batteries ETC.

if you had a new exhaust... Not original... New top not original.. New seat covers... not original... new radio not original... ETC... 2 In Florida, 1 in NY, 1 in NJ, 2 in Caly, 1 Neveda and 2 Texas.

The 1993 Y/W/5 speed also ranks as the 12 rarest mustang built with only 113 with these options.
  • That's a LOT of Homework.
  • What if you added a oem exhaust would that still be original?
  • OEM exhaust is considered maintenance and does not detract from the originality.
  • Depends on who you ask. In MCA shows in the unrestored class even OEM replacement/maintenance parts can be counted off if they are not the correct date stamped part. So even an OEM part might be correct but could detract from the car depending on who you ask and the context of the question. For instance, oil filters. I can have an Motorcraft FL-1A filter on my car but will probably be dinged a point at an MCA show because it's not the grey double stamped FL-1A which are obsolete.

That is the rational behind offering 'bonus points' in the unrestored class for having items like the original bill of sale and dealers tag. You can get bonus points for those items to offset points that are deducted for things like replacement belts, tires, filters ect.

Sadly I can never show my car in unrestored anyway since it had damage when I bought it so there has been a re-paint. Instead i have opted for concourse driven show status. Got 99 out of 100 at the last regional show i went to.
  • I agree.... this is another example of not original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-93- ... _500wt_975

I took 2nd at a Mustang America Show because of a K&N air filter.

PapaG
  • Which show and what class?

The judges are not really supposed to open the airbox and look beyond the surface. How did they know you had a K&N?
  • my dumb mouth... :)
  • Need HELP? I have just discovered that my gas tank 1/4-1/2/-full gauge is not working properly. Any ideas what I look for and the big thing... Is it easily repaired or am I looking at removing the gas tank... ETC...

PapaG
  • It sounds like a former owner didn't keep the tank full all of the time and drove around with 1/2 tank or less a lot.

It may be that if your car sat for a long time before you got it those solder traces may just be extremely dirty. Running some high test gas for a while may improve the operation of the sending unit.

If the high-test fuel doesn't work after a month or so the tank will have to come out to replace the sending unit.

Ford got away from wire-wound gas level sending units somewhere in the 70s or 80s, I believe. You used to be able to remove the sending unit, disassemble it and clean the wrapped wire and the gauge would go back to working right.

Ford sending units, as I have seen recently, consist of a solder-trace gridwork on the sending unit circuit board and that trace gets wiped away by the float arm as the units age and the float is up and down a lot. It could be that someone consistently drove on $5.00 worth of gas here, or $3.00 worth of gas there causing the lower end of these traces to be used a lot, causing this wear or wearing out of the solder traces. I am not sure if you can get this board re-solder-bathed to correct the problem.
  • Thanks... makes sense! I will try a gas additive and see if that helps.

PapaG
  • I agree.... this is another example of not original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-93- ... _500wt_975

I took 2nd at a Mustang America Show because of a K&N air filter.

PapaG

Am I mistaken or is your yellow feature lowered? Doesn't look to be stock height in the picture.
  • No... never lowered... correct tires too... I have seen some that bigger tires and seem raised.

I like the red color on yours. Perhaps the white rims are higher that the chrome ponies?
  • Take a close look at this one and tell me if you see "Gray" and not all black interior parts (dash ETC) the features were all black.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... tem=#v4-44
  • no, just the way the light is hitting the dash.
  • Hey... I did my homework and the Yellow/White/5speed with 113 made is the #33 rarest mustang. The 3White is #53. Send me your info and I will see where you rank.

Also... I have my Marti report! Very Nice and Very Quick!