Feature Get Together??? Mustang, Oklahoma April '07

edited February 2007 in Feature Events
Okay I know that you are planning an event in June at Carlisle and that you have shown concern for us farther west. I have an idea that I would like to run by everybody.

In April of 2007 there is National MCA event in Mustang Oklahoma. What I would like to know is, would anyone be interested in a Feature Car get together there. There is a grass roots effort by some in YMR for something, but this is for all Yellows. MAA has started their grass roots planning to come to this event starting in California and trying to follow Route 66 to Mustang and picking up others along the way. Even though their President can't plan it, others are pitching in to make it happen. Here are 2 links if you would like more info. Sorry it isn't much now, but things should really start coming together after the Holidays.

http://www.mustangsacrossamerica.com/fo ... .php?t=479

http://www.nationalmustangshow.com/

I have 2 other Feature Yellows near me and I am trying to contact them, hope others will chime in on this.

Take Care, Jerry

Comments

• Update:
    MAA has now updated their thread and there is a list of the Hotels that they plan to use for their caravan to Mustang.
    Take care, Jerry
  • Great idea, I'd like to hear from others, too.

In response to my Carlisle plans I have heard from a "vocal minority" that thought a location more oriented to the other half of the country should be considered. I say minority but it's possible there are many others who did not respond to my email but for whom Carlisle is simply out of the question. Actually, the Mustang, OK event was used by someone else as an option in that regard.

I can't say that I would be able to attend. Certainly, if I did, it would be without my car but it may not be possible for me to get there at all. That being said, I would fully support this. I just posted a sticky thread in this forum on the Carlisle reunion. If there is interest in Mustang, OK, I'll make this thread a sticky, too.

So, lets here it from anyone who thinks Carlisle is too far and wants another option...

Note: I just edited the title of this thread to include the location and timeframe to hopefully draw more interest to it.
  • Hi Everyone,
    Okay things are coming together on YMR for the Oklahoma National Mustang Show, and at MAA.
    I have also contacted the OMC about parking and etc. at the different events, waiting to hear back from them.
    I also have registered for the show and booked my Hotel room. So I have committed to going.
    So if any of you are interested in a meet and greet, please post to this thread. Let me know, Jerry
  • I just heard back from Jim Campbell from OMC.

Parking at the event: At this time cars will be parked in the order that they arrive.

Parking at Bricktown: The parking will be at random and they plan to use the Bricktown Ball Park parking lot, it will be secure parking.

There is an event planned in Bricktown for participants Saturday April 21st , so that is a possibility. How about a breakfast meet and then cruise to the show together, might make for a cool entrance. LOL. Friday might be tough depending on everyones arrival time, but there is still Saturday or Sunday morning. Just a thought.
    Later, Jerry

P.S. Hope this will help some of you make a decision to come.

http://www.nationalmustangshow.com/

http://www.mustangsacrossamerica.co...hread.php?t=479
  • Okay looks like I am helping to plan the YMR mini meet in April.

If anyone would like to do a Features Meet at this event please let me know. I can work it in also.

If any Features show up at the MCA event in Oklahoma. I will be out Recruiting. LOL

Later Jerry
  • I am all for it. I will be there already with the SSP group, but I was trying to get my Feature Car drivable for the show. Got sidetracked by my new SVO 7B, though. Running out of time. I've got to get moving if I am going to drive there.
  • I am all for it. I will be there already with the SSP group, but I was trying to get my Feature Car drivable for the show. Got sidetracked by my new SVO 7B, though. Running out of time. I've got to get moving if I am going to drive there.

I look forward to meeting you there. I will post more info as the show gets closer.

I have the Starbird Show January 19-21 and then hopefully we will be going down to OKC on February 3rd to scout out the place and visit with some of the club members from OMC. Then I will post some ideas and put some final plans together.

We will have a great time. Jerry
  • Hi Everyone,

Okay everything has come together very well on YMR for this event, with the new owner of YMR coming for this event.

I am trying to work these 2 groups together.
    Friday: Will just be casual, get registerd and enjoy the evening Pow Wow, eat Buffalo Burgers and liston to the Lt Governor of Oklahoma give the opening address. It's Oklahoma's Centennial.

Saturday: Meet and cruise into the show together. To park together we have to arrive together. Thought I would have the Yellow Features follow the other Yellows into the show. That will allow the YF's to park with both groups and give the Feature's group some extra exposure. That evening, fresh'n up, meet and cruise to dinner in Bricktown with the other participants.

Sunday: You are back on your own for the end of the show.

If anyone is interested in participating in this let me know. I already have things in place, I just need you to come. If I see any other Features there Friday I will be trying to get them to join us.

Later Jerry
  • Okay, I am reviving this post to see if there is still any interest in having a Feature Car get together in Mustang Ok. Here is an events schedule I have put together. If anyone is interested please let me know. Hope you will join us.

Friday April 20th
    Registration and Classification 8:00am - 5:00pm
    Hospitality (Pow Wow and Buffalo Burger Feed) 6:00pm - 8:30pm
    After Show Social: Hook up at the show and cruise to Braums in Mustang, then afterwards, cruise to the Hotel together.

Saturday April 21st show runs 7:00am - 5:00pm
    Registration and Classification 7:00am - 10:00am
    Cruise to the show: Meet at the Host Hotel, early AM (time TBA,) (we will need to arrive before 10:00am at the show for those that need to Register and get Classified before the 10:00 am deadline)
    Judging 12:00pm - 5:00pm
    After Show Dinner at Bricktown Brewery, time TBA, cruise together to Dinner) You will need to RSVP for the dinner.

Sunday April 22nd show runs 8:00 - 12:00
    Cruise again to the show.
    Awards Presentation 2:00pm
  • Okay, I am reviving this post to see if there is still any interest in having a Feature Car get together in Mustang Ok. Here is an events schedule I have put together. If anyone is interested please let me know. Hope you will join us.

Friday April 20th
    Registration and Classification 8:00am - 5:00pm
    Hospitality (Pow Wow and Buffalo Burger Feed) 6:00pm - 8:30pm
    After Show Social: Hook up at the show and cruise to Braums in Mustang, then afterwards, cruise to the Hotel together.

Saturday April 21st show runs 7:00am - 5:00pm
    Registration and Classification 7:00am - 10:00am
    Cruise to the show: Meet at the Host Hotel, early AM (time TBA,) (we will need to arrive before 10:00am at the show for those that need to Register and get Classified before the 10:00 am deadline)
    Judging 12:00pm - 5:00pm
    After Show Dinner at Bricktown Brewery, time TBA, cruise together to Dinner) You will need to RSVP for the dinner.

Sunday April 22nd show runs 8:00 - 12:00
    Cruise again to the show.
    Awards Presentation 2:00pm

Minor change. Dinner Saturday will be at Halftime Sports Grill in Bricktown.

If you need a Hotel Room, email me for info. Reservations need to be made for a Hotel room by 3/20/2007. That is the deadline for holding the rooms.

Hope to see you in Mustang, in your Mustang, Jerry