ah, that new leather smell - OE leather for sale

edited December 2011 in For sale/wanted
I got my car back from the shop and even w/ the deficiencies of the TMI kit they turned out pretty good. Once the leather is stretched over the seats they looked much better.

So, now I have my OE leather available for sale. $250 shipped. I would also consider trades for other feature specific parts.

Rather than post pics here I have hi-res images on my server. If you are really interested let me know and I will send you the URL. My server is low volume so I don't want to post publicly.

A seam on the front backs was cut to get them off but it was the thread only. The leather is still intact. I have a shot of this in the pics.

My OE seats will not come w/ the pony headrest but I will include the TMI 'blank' headrest since I did not use them.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:bill@wemc.net">bill@wemc.net</a><!-- e -->

Comments

• Is it the whole 2 bucket seats or just the leather from them?
  • just the leather. Front (4 pieces), back (2 pieces) and new headrests (2 pieces) w/o ponies.
  • what did you do about the pony headrests and new leather? I would like to re-do mine but I am concerned about the color match... IE new white with faded white rests.
  • My original headrests were in new condition so I kept them. Don't recall why I did not change them out at the the time. The TMI reproductions were just as good. If you look close you can see the difference in the piping between the new and old but it's not bad. If I had not sold the new headrests w/ my old leather I would prob go ahead and swap them out now. My main complaint about the TMI kit is the grain in the leather. Where the original leather is smooth, the TMI kit has a grain to it. I've show it to a gold card fox body judge and he said he would not ding any points for it.
  • re-read my early post. The new kit did not come w/ ponies in the headrest. You can get them from TMI but they are like $75 extra. Since mine were good I did not change them.