ohhhhhh, lust!

edited January 2012 in Feature Mustangs
I see the yellow 0 owner 16k mile car is back up for sale. I am seriously considering raiding my 401k to grab that up. It's got enough miles that I would not feel bad driving from time to time but low enough that it would probably never crack 30k in my lifetime. If it were a white interior it would be a done deal. Of course I would prob need to buy a truck and a trailer too.

Comments

• The one on Ebay? I would not pay that amount for a 16K car and especially y/black/5speed. Like you said a white interior maybe at $12-13K. Consider the tax implications of a 401K raid and you may pay in excess of $18K. Our cars will need another 5-8 years to be in the $16K range.

PapaG
  • I would never withdraw from my 401k but a short loan; maybe. I wouldn't offer 16k either. I see the guy in FL gave 12k for it. I would offer 12-13 if I were inclined. It's all moot anyway since I'll be pulling a loan to cover my daughters college costs in the Fall. Now if I sold my 65 Chevy and was flush w/ cash it would be very tempting.
  • I remember watching the auction on that TY go to zero the first time and thinking somebody got a great deal for about 11-12 on the final price. It's too bad it went to someone who was just trying to flip it and not an enthusiast.
  • and if you look up that guy on Craig's List in Ft Myers he has it listed for 17,900. He's dreaming at that price but I guess since it's on a lot he has worked in some room to move.

I'm not in a position to make him an offer but i do wonder what the tax and tag implications are on buying a 'new' car w/ miles from out of state that has never been titled or tagged. I know in OK if you bring in a car from out of state it does require a physical VIN and mileage inspections (they won't just take your word for it) Also in OK if a tag lapses then the new owner is on the hook for the back taxes for every year since the tag lapsed.
  • and if you look up that guy on Craig's List in Ft Myers he has it listed for 17,900. He's dreaming at that price but I guess since it's on a lot he has worked in some room to move.

I'm not in a position to make him an offer but i do wonder what the tax and tag implications are on buying a 'new' car w/ miles from out of state that has never been titled or tagged. I know in OK if you bring in a car from out of state it does require a physical VIN and mileage inspections (they won't just take your word for it) Also in OK if a tag lapses then the new owner is on the hook for the back taxes for every year since the tag lapsed.
    I didn't even consider those headaches.
  • I have to go look at his Craigslist ad. I haven't looked at Fort Myers listings in a while.

In Florida an out-of-state title transfer requires taking the vehicle to a tag office to verify the VIN on the title matches the car. Since they are a dealer they can slap a dealer tag on it to get that done. If you can't get a car to the DMV then a Law Enforcement Officer can fill out the VIN form and put his badge or ID # on the verification form to get the title transferred.

My son-in-law is a Deputy and Iasked him to do the honors on my 1993 Yellow/Black when it arrived here from Colorado.
  • Also notice that the front bumper cover has a bit of a wave to it. So does mine but that is because it was 'tweaked' a bit from the accident when I bought it. On the first round of reparis I did not want to replace and otherwise good cover. Will do it at some point down the road.

I've seen a few Stangs w/ a wavy front cover as well and just wonderd how common it is. On high mile cars is this something that just happens over time?