Vacation project 1 done, a few more to go

edited January 2012 in Feature Mustangs
At some point in this car's history I think a battery may have exploded. There are some stains in the inter fender around the bat that I can't polish out no mater what I've tried. In the same area the hood release outer sheath was torn apart exposing some of the steel cable inside. The steel cable was starting to fray and some of the strands were broken.

I decided to replace the whole cable works before it came apart all together. This is a bit harder than it at first seems. The biggest chore is getting the old firewall grommet out and the new one in. Other than it's about a 45 minute job. Done.

I've had the car for almost two years and never got around to taking any under hood pics. Here is the first. I've got two pretty glaring concourse errors. See if you can find them.

Comments

• I would say the water pump bypass hose clamps are one problem, not being the spring-clamp style. If I remember correctly my 1990 7-Up show car had all spring-clamp style hose clamps on all of the under-hood front-of-engine hoses.

I actually have some of the screw-type stainless steel adjustable hose clamps with Ford oval logos cast into the portion that holds the screws.