WTB/WTT correct date belt for 5.0l w/ air F3ZE-8620-DA for nOS white center caps.

edited January 2012 in For sale/wanted
Need a correct belt for concourse showing. Willing to by for a good price or trade for 4 NOS white pony caps.

Comments

• So if you go to Ford and buy the 1992/1993 Motorcaft belt from Ford with the factory Van numbers on it they count off for it? I buy a lot of my parts from Ford for my tune-ups an replacements.
  • It depends on the judge:

O. Belts (& Tensioner where applicable): Must be correct Motorcraft for year & engine. 5.0L must have correct serpentine belt & tensioner ............................................ 2

The current off the shelf belt you can get from Ford has different codes screend on it. Some judges might see a current Motorcraft blet and let it pass but others might see that the current belt looks 'different' than the original factory belt and count off 1 or 2 points.

Since my car is going in w/ about a 10-15 point deficet for the non factory exhaust I need to make up any other points that i can elsewhere.
  • Wow, so you found the belt eh? Nice find.

So, is the exhaust system, Walker? Even though the pipes wouldn't be welded I was told that Walker is one of the companies charged with building a lot of OEM exhaust systems for the manufacturers in the USA. I can't confirm that but Napa was able to order a complete exhaust system for my LXs several years ago when I was thinking about replacing the original exhaust system that was still in my 7-Up show car (that has been sold now to make room for the first '93 YB).
  • Yes i found a belt but the guy wants too much. $230 is high to save 2 points w/ a used belt. He did offer me a deal on a set of mats and the belt. I'm thinking about but it's still a lot of cash for stuff I don't 'really' need (but want).

PPI is my new goto place for NOS parts. They even have an NOS h-pipe w/ cats and NOS cat back. It's a lot of money but my non Ford exhaust is going to cost me about 15 points at the MCA GN in Sept.
  • Yes i found a belt but the guy wants too much. $230 is high to save 2 points w/ a used belt. He did offer me a deal on a set of mats and the belt. I'm thinking about but it's still a lot of cash for stuff I don't 'really' need (but want).

PPI is my new goto place for NOS parts. They even have an NOS h-pipe w/ cats and NOS cat back. It's a lot of money but my non Ford exhaust is going to cost me about 15 points at the MCA GN in Sept.

How much money is all of this worth? 800 for h-pipe, 2000 for catback, plus shipping and install? Seems like a lot for judging. I've never been to a MCA judging event, but what's the point? A gold award won't bring back the cost to get to it at resale.
  • Funny thing about the factory H-pipe, before I found my last two used (one at about $50.00 and the other one about $60.00) I called Ford of Ocala and the guys that get my parts for me said the H-pipe was still available new from Ford for $750.00. They told me that national emissions laws requires Ford to continue to offer these brand new.

I convert my cars back to bone stock when I can afford it, but I can't afford a new H-pipe so used will have to do. You can look into all four ends of the used pipes to verify the mesh blocks are in tact. You can't really prove they aren't blocked though, oh well. Here is another warning, when you drive to a muffler shop for an exhaust system don't let the monkeys that work there take a hammer to your converters "to see if they are bad" by striking them with the hammer. What a good way to destroy a good catalytic converter and make the muffler shop loads of money. Catalytic converters should last 200,000 miles or more, as long as a car isn't burning oil and plugging them up.

I would just go to Ford and buy a Motorcraft belt from Ford, keep the Ford parts receipt and present it to the judges if they ask and tell them IT IS A FORD "ORIGINAL" SUPERCEEDED PART NUMBERED MOTORCRAFT belt. The belt has a 1992 or 1993 Ford van part number painted on it just like the overpriced original Mustang-numbered belt.
  • Yea, I'll prob just go w/ a current MC belt.

It depends on the judge and how they read the rules. For instance you can have a current FL1A filter but still get a point or two deducted if it's not the old style embossed filter. Same w/ the belt. Even if it's a new MC belt it's not correct according to the score sheet. "Must be correct Motorcraft for year & engine" to one judge that might mean MC belt that fits correctly but to another they might get hung up on 'year' and want to see the correct ink stamp.

I'll prob take the points hit on the exhaust anyway. I think I can loose those 10 - 15 point and still be in gold territory.