Just 300 Miles Short

Just 300 miles short of having a new 93 Yellow Feature. LOL.

Got back frome Eureka Springs had to check out the accommodations down there for a Mustang show there in May 2012. Also checked out some of roads they have there for a cruise.

Yelo has just over 99,700 miles on it now and still can win at Mustang Shows, a 1st in KC and another 1st in Columbia MO. this past summer. Just shows you can drive and enjoy them and still have a good looking car with the right care.

I know what some will say about the mileage but there are plenty of low mileage ones out there that if that is what one wants they have plenty to choose from. Me I am getting older by the day (LOL) and who knows what the future will bring. So why would I not want to enjoy my car cause when I am gone it won't matter to me any more how many miles are on it. LOL. As for my family I will leave them the memories and the pictures and a worn out Yellow Feature. LOL.

I am thankful for my family, my health and driving a car that I really enjoy and will take me anywhere, oh ya and cheaper gas. LOL.

Happy Thanks Giving to you all, Jerry

Comments

• I live under the same regard. Roll that odometer over and drive it into the ground. Rebuild it and do it all over again. You do not create memories dusting it off in the garage. Oh, I forgot, you do. Your California Duster is so much more enjoyable.
  • I live under the same regard. Roll that odometer over and drive it into the ground. Rebuild it and do it all over again. You do not create memories dusting it off in the garage. Oh, I forgot, you do. Your California Duster is so much more enjoyable.

LOL on the Duster. Drove it this weekend while the weather was nice, now just 200 miles left. It is setting in the garage dirty, dusty and buggy cause it was late when I got home and it rained today, so will have to drive it again to go get it cleaned up. LOL.
  • Yesterday, Satruday the weather was in the 50's and sunny so got the Feature out for a trip into Wichita. Now have 99923 miles on it. Didn't put the top down as it was a little chilly to be driving 70 mph, but in town we did roll the windows down. LOL.
  • Friday the 30th it was 60+ out so Yelo came out and we took a drive with friends after work, clocked 112 miles for the day, so we are now setting at 100,035 miles.
    Jerry
  • I was doing the same thing with my 1966 Mustang. For the past few years I was watching and watching, waiting for the odometer to turn past 80,000 original miles. Even though I also believe cars are made to drive and not worship, the '66 was always the last one I would think to drive so it still hasn't made it there. Now I let the tag expire to save money this year so it won't get there in 2012 either.
  • OK it now has over 100,000 miles