Mud/splash guards

edited February 2012 in Feature Mustangs
Does anyone know where you can get mud/splash guards? I've seen some cars (mostly on convertibles) over the years that have them. They also say mustang in white letters. Does anyone have these and can you tell me where you got them, how much, quality, and if you like them or recommend them? Just want to keep rocks, mud, road grime off the body as much as possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• I haven't seen them for sale. Maybe National Parts Depot?

I have the factory ones. I like em. Not everyone does though. If I drove my 92 through the grime I guess I could tell you how well they work :)

I'm sure they do an ok job and shield some.
  • I bought my 7-Up when it was nine years old, and the splash guards were already on it. They are the black ones with Mustang inprinted on them. I believe they are Ford issue, and I have seen them on eBay and like sites for sale. My previous 91 LX did not have them, and the damage to the area behind the tires showed me how much the guards actually do save the paint.
  • I bought my 7-Up when it was nine years old,

Okay, I need to know the rest of that story.
  • Can one of you guys put a pic of them up here? A close up if possible of how they look on all four corners and how they attach. I would like to show the picture to the ford dealership for reference if they are able to order them. I doubt they are still available. But it's worth a shot. If not, then I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for some on ebay. And if any of you guys know of any for sale, let me know on here.

Thanks.
  • I bought my 7-Up when it was nine years old,

Okay, I need to know the rest of that story.

The car...not the pop. :)
  • I'm pretty sure these are the same as the ones on my car. Just did a quick search on eBay. I'll bet there are more out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-NO ... es&vxp=mtr
  • I cross-referenced a part number I saw listed on Green Sales site and the number wound up being splash guards. What they look like I do not know. If you find a part number for them enter it in the search box on Green Sales search page and you can see if they still have them.

• The car...not the pop. :)

I meant how did you buy a car when you are 9yo?
  • Go to my- (kechme93) posts page (3) Splashguards
  • I'm pretty sure these are the same as the ones on my car. Just did a quick search on eBay. I'll bet there are more out there.

Mine don't have any lettering on them. In storage right now, so can't check a part number. Here's a pic
    P1060103-1.jpg

You might want to read my original post again. :D

Mine don't have any lettering on them. In storage right now, so can't check a part number. Here's a pic
    P1060103-1.jpg

Those look good! I like how they are body contoured for an even and perfect alignment and look at all 4 corners. It doesn't matter to me if they say mustang or not. But I would love to know what brand and part number of these on your car. They look perfect!
  • I'll try to get to the storage unit sometime and will let you know. Only 20 degrees today :(

You might want to read my original post again. :D

LOL
  • I cross-referenced a part number I saw listed on Green Sales site and the number wound up being splash guards. What they look like I do not know. If you find a part number for them enter it in the search box on Green Sales search page and you can see if they still have them.
    From this auction here where a pair went for $49.95 (wow!) the number is E3ZZ-16A550-A. No hit on Green Sales, though.
  • Hm-m-m, 1983 splash guards? What about ... E9ZZ-16A550-A ... 1989 Mustang splash guards?
  • I couldn't find a part number on my black ones. There are 3 screws going into the rear well. There is a LHB or RHB ("left hand back" maybe) code on them. May not be factory or may be just a dealer add on.
  • Well, I may just opt to find some nos ones that have the mustang on them then. I just liked how yours was body contoured. I've looked around but have yet to find any like yours out there. Thanks for looking for me.
  • Well, I may just opt to find some nos ones that have the mustang on them then. I just liked how yours was body contoured. I've looked around but have yet to find any like yours out there. Thanks for looking for me.
    Agreed. I really like the way those look. If you ever do find out a part number or anything, please let us know here. Although incorrect for SSP's, I wouldn't mind putting these on for long distances and taking them off for shows.

When a dealership in NH got rid of a bunch of fox Mustang parts that fell out of their inventory, they gave me first dibs on the stuff. A lot of misc small things I didn't need. They had a ton of "Mustang" lettered splash guards, solid ones, and pony ones. I opted to get a set of pony ones because I thought they were cool even though they didn't come on the cars from Ford, but was a dealer add-on. Still have them in the package waiting for me to put them on something. Really wish I had purchased all of them, as they told me $5 for any pair I wanted. Live and learn I guess.
  • Are these the ones?

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified- ... s_16788494

Look like decent used ones. They are near where I live, let me know if I can help you out.
  • I saw that yesterday. Kinda hard to tell from the picture, but they look like the ones on my 7-Up. I can't believe he is asking $40. OBO.